PDA

View Full Version : Bugs in the G5...

hob
May 24, 2005, 07:20 PM
No no no, not computer "bugs" but real ones!

Summer is once again upon us, and I don't know about you but here that means bugs... Not huge amounts but certianly more than none. Today I witnessed a fly crawl out of the front of my g5, walk about a bit, then go back in... I couldn't find it inside the machine, nor did I see it fly out - did it get munched up by my fans? Does anyone else get insects in their G5? I realised this will be more of a problem with my particular setup as my G5 rests on top of my desk, like my old PC's did - but this one has many more holes on the front....

Daveway
May 24, 2005, 07:26 PM
Well, there's always the chance on could sandwhich himself in-between to capacitators and blow the thing out.
A group can get sucked into a fan while you're folding and jam the heat sinks.
And you can always get that vicious one that eats wires, he likes your SATA cables.

But you know, this the mild cases. ;) :p

pdpfilms
May 24, 2005, 08:33 PM
OR you could get tapeworms that tie themselves around your fans and cause your processors to overheat and consequently EXPLODE! Think about that.... a $3,000 tapeworm.

hob
May 24, 2005, 08:34 PM
OR you could get tapeworms that tie themselves around your fans and cause your processors to overheat and consequently EXPLODE! Think about that.... a $3,000 tapeworm.
I hear microsoft are working on one already...

Maxiseller
May 24, 2005, 08:53 PM
It's ironic actually that this has come up.

The first ever recorded incident where a computer (This was back in the days that they were the size of rooms) would not work was caused by a small moth that had climbed into the inner workings.

Thats how we get the word "bug" in a program!