Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borukuforta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Hello! I have an external hard drive that is HFS+ format and a small partition of Mac-Dos. I have boot camp running windows 7 and Mac OSX. I am using Paragon's HFS+ 9.0 to read my external.

For some reason after I use my external on my Windows (tried it on another windows computer too), after I eject it and if I unplug it and plug it back in the HFS+ partition wont show up anymore but the windows will. I bring it over to mac and it wont show up their either. I have to repair the disk because it says volume headers have been damaged.

I can run and eject it all day on my Mac, but it just happens on windows. Is the external not fully ejecting itself even thought it says its ejected and no longer shows the drive on explorer? Help please! :eek: Thanks so much.

borukuforta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
P.S. I have tried this on my main external hard drive and my new back up external hard drive and they both do the same thing

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Hello! I have an external hard drive that is HFS+ format and a small partition of Mac-Dos. I have boot camp running windows 7 and Mac OSX. I am using Paragon's HFS+ 9.0 to read my external.

For some reason after I use my external on my Windows (tried it on another windows computer too), after I eject it and if I unplug it and plug it back in the HFS+ partition wont show up anymore but the windows will. I bring it over to mac and it wont show up their either. I have to repair the disk because it says volume headers have been damaged.

I can run and eject it all day on my Mac, but it just happens on windows. Is the external not fully ejecting itself even thought it says its ejected and no longer shows the drive on explorer? Help please! :eek: Thanks so much.

I have a bunch of external hard drives and all of them have multiple partitions on them ( the NTFS partitions are to backup my bootcamp partitions ). I use a thermaltake hard drive external caddy.

I have never seen a problem like you are describing but then again I am not using paragon either. I guess I don't typically eject the drives either when running under windows.

Probably you are not getting responses here because people are not experiencing similar problems?

Are you up to date with all your mac os x maintenance and paragon maintenance?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.