Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
It will be nice if Apple can figure out how to Anodize or powder coat the Aluminum body of the next get MacBook Airs. I'd love to have a black MBA. It will be one sexy machine. All of this of course if they stick with Aluminum.

Anybody know why they are not able to make MacBooks currently in different colors? What is the technical reason? Also have you heard of any rumors if the next gen will have be a complete redesign, thinner, exotic materials etc.?

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Macbook Air's in a variety of colors (ala iPod Nano's) would be great. I wish.

imac_flowershot.jpg

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
It will be nice if Apple can figure out how to Anodize or powder coat the Aluminum body of the next get MacBook Airs. I'd love to have a black MBA. It will be one sexy machine. All of this of course if they stick with Aluminum.

Multiple colors are a sure thing for 2012. Guessing there will be at least 3 main options.

Let's see ... silver ... silver ... and silver.

One is always free to customize a machine that one has purchased. All you need really is some masking tape and some good spray paint and limited ( or better ) amounts of artistic talent.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I'd also love a black alu MBA/P. There's always a chance....but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

I seem to remember hearing rumors that Apple was experimenting with a "black" version of the alu case, but it was hard to get right.

There are some 3rd party options...

mortenandersen

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Norway
Wish also a classic white - and what about 3rd party options

I'd also love a black alu MBA/P. There's always a chance....but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

I seem to remember hearing rumors that Apple was experimenting with a "black" version of the alu case, but it was hard to get right.

There are some 3rd party options...

I would really like also to have the option of having a "classic" white 11 inches Air in the next model sortiment.

What are the 3rd party options or solutions about? Can somebody please explain?

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I would really like also to have the option of having a "classic" white 11 inches Air in the next model sortiment.

What are the 3rd party options or solutions about? Can somebody please explain?

There is one mentioned above, and I swear there are some others. Sorry I can't remember them at all off the top of my head. Perhaps someone else knows?

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Stock, I don't see it happening. Third party, not worth it other than a skin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.