PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to Lion - now won't print

aussiemum
Dec 1, 2011, 04:38 AM
Hi there cyber buds,
This has probably been asked before but here goes...

Just did a number of things, upgraded an Imac running snow leopard (latest) and a Macbook (white) running snow leopard (latest) to Lion.
Using an Epson TX610FW wifi printer! After upgrade printer will not work on either of these two machines.... message we receive is
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/Filter/pdftopdf.app/Contents/MacOS/pdftopdf failed

The thing is I know the printer and wifi are working as I also just purchased a new Macbook Pro with Lion pre-installed. Brought it home and it prints to the Epson with no worries. Normally I can find the answers to problems with our Macs on the forums no problems, I'm tired from crawling the net looking for an answer.

Been to the Epson website there is no Lion Driver for this model to upload. But then like I said, it's working on the new Macbook pro? So I don't understand.
Do I need to just go out and buy a new printer????

Went to the Genius bar today, for heaven's sake.... take off that T-shirt and hand it here, I think I knew more than the dude trying to help me!

Must add, that I've tried resetting printer preferences, deleted the printer from system preferences, reinstalled it. Nope nope and nope!

Any tips would be appreciated.... if you have a solution, please spoon feed, 50 year old here who's just gone Mac Crazy :)

Thanks
Del

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I DID I - I FIXED IT, I DEFS WANT A BLUE SHIRT!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T USE THE EPSON DRIVERS - YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE "APPLE EPSON DRIVERS"
IT HAS TO BE 8.61 DRIVER TO WORK!!!!!! FINALLY GOT THIS FIGURED OUT BY PUTTING THE MACBOOK PRO SIDE BY SIDE WITH MY IMAC TO SEE WHAT WAS DIFFERENT.

SPENT 2 HOURS SCANNING EPSON WEBSITES FOR THE 8.61 DRIVER - DON'T BOTHER IT'S NOT THERE!!!
WTF??????? WHY IS APPLE WRITING THEIR OWN SOFTWARE FOR THE DRIVERS NOW????? HOW ABOUT SHARING THIS KNOWLEDGE WITH THE DAM PRINTER COMPANIES, IT'S THE FIRST PLACE WE LOOK!!!

I'm so excited (and tired) needed this to work as I have kids in final year of school and this lack of printing was driving me nuts!!!!

Del

r0k
Dec 1, 2011, 12:48 PM
The ability to print should be listed somewhere as an inalienable human right... Sadly it's not. Glad you got it sorted out.

I generally avoid manufacturers' printer drivers, especially HP. I'm using networked Brother (laser) printers these days and I have no problems with them at all.

bobsax
Dec 3, 2011, 06:00 PM
YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE "APPLE EPSON DRIVERS"
IT HAS TO BE 8.61 DRIVER TO WORK!!!!!! FINALLY GOT THIS FIGURED OUT BY PUTTING THE MACBOOK PRO SIDE BY SIDE WITH MY IMAC TO SEE WHAT WAS DIFFERENT.

SPENT 2 HOURS SCANNING EPSON WEBSITES FOR THE 8.61 DRIVER - DON'T BOTHER IT'S NOT THERE!!!
WTF??????? WHY IS APPLE WRITING THEIR OWN SOFTWARE FOR THE DRIVERS NOW????? HOW ABOUT SHARING THIS KNOWLEDGE WITH THE DAM PRINTER COMPANIES, IT'S THE FIRST PLACE WE LOOK!!!

I'm so excited (and tired) needed this to work as I have kids in final year of school and this lack of printing was driving me nuts!!!!

Del

HI
Just curious
Do you get Apple software updates for your printer?
I get them for my HP printer all the time. I did them for awhile but they were huge and didn't do anything. I was advised to just ignore them.

I'm have some issues also with my printing and Lion upgrade.