PDA

View Full Version : Safari 5.1.2 - buggy!!!

Chairman.Jobbie
Dec 1, 2011, 08:15 AM
Wish i hadnt updated. Opening reading list is buggy now... and its crashed a few times - never happened before. :(

xxxamazexxx
Dec 2, 2011, 08:10 AM
Yep. I haven't seen any improvement with Safari since 2010.

ncarnall
Dec 2, 2011, 09:04 AM
Mine is just so slow to open web pages since the update. It's not my router as it's fine on other computers in the house and I'm getting 42-48Mbps download and 4.6-4.8 upload. Any ideas as to a cure for this?

D-a-a-n
Dec 2, 2011, 09:11 AM
Mine is just so slow to open web pages since the update. It's not my router as it's fine on other computers in the house and I'm getting 42-48Mbps download and 4.6-4.8 upload. Any ideas as to a cure for this?

Do you experience the same problem with another browser?

ExcelonGT
Dec 2, 2011, 09:17 AM
Apple has been on a bad streak with bug fixes. i0S 5.0.1 was widely reported to be a flop, and safari 5.1.2 is not fixing major problems with safari? WTF? cmon apple!

eternalife
Dec 2, 2011, 09:44 AM
Same boat here. Since the upgrade I get a lot of lock-ups. Safari just freezes loading pages and the only way to get rid of it is close the entire app. I wish I stayed with the previous version. I'm relatively new to the Mac world (March 2011). I have been told by many people how rock solid Mac updates are. That hasn't been my experience thus far so I guess I have to agree with the trend comments. I hope that changes. I ran from Windows for this very reason.

ncarnall
Dec 2, 2011, 10:57 AM
Do you experience the same problem with another browser?

I just installed chrome and that is fine, actually bloody quick! maybe I'll stick with this until apple sort themselves out.:)

skysmx
Dec 2, 2011, 01:45 PM
Try to clean your cache, or remove unused extensions.

I like Chrome (the sync is really nice), but the new Safari is actually pretty good.

DouchGod
Dec 2, 2011, 02:31 PM
I've noticed some issues when browsing the internet in full screen mode, sometimes the page will go out of focus then the page becomes unresponsive and i have to close the tab to resolve the problem.

Other than that all is good.

eternalife
Dec 2, 2011, 02:55 PM
I've noticed some issues when browsing the internet in full screen mode, sometimes the page will go out of focus then the page becomes unresponsive and i have to close the tab to resolve the problem.

Other than that all is good.

I've noticed this as well. However, I can't close the tab. It isn't even responsive. I have to close Safari.

mnb
Dec 9, 2011, 03:54 PM
I've had nothing but problems since upgrading to 5.1.2. On two different machines.

After a boot, it will work fine for a while, but it'll start tossing bogus errors with increasing frequency:

SSL certificate errors
invalid URL
permission errors, unable to access resource
inability to select text in a web page
and other odd issues

Happens with multiple sites. Set Facebook to use https and surf facebook for an hour. You'll have problems.

Using another account works around the problem for a while, clearing cache or relaunching Safari does not. Rebooting clears the issue for a while.