Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pourme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
I searched and found no such thread...Sorry if I overlooked one.....I'm new to ipad and would like some input!.....Thanks!.....:D

matt90036

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
yahoo messenger, it's stable and simple. of course I don't have time to chat with 100 friends on 10 different platforms so I'm not sure about the cross compatibility.

pourme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
Just looking for a basic texting app...ease of use is the main requirement....I don't mind paying for one, but I don't care to pay for a lot of bells and whistles I don't need....Right now I am using Textfree, I don't even mind the ads...:)

matt90036

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
Just looking for a basic texting app...ease of use is the main requirement....I don't mind paying for one, but I don't care to pay for a lot of bells and whistles I don't need....Right now I am using Textfree, I don't even mind the ads...:)

yahoo messenger = basic IM app and It now also allows texting within US and calling internationally. TextNow is best if you want to text internationally for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.