PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air Battery Requires No Calibration?

polee
Dec 1, 2011, 09:47 AM
Looking at the information in this link, I get the impression that the internal battery of the macbook air requires no calibration at all. Am I right?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1490

miles01110
Dec 1, 2011, 09:49 AM
(All) Batteries require calibration from time to time so the percentage remaining is accurate.

TheRealDamager
Dec 1, 2011, 09:56 AM
The vast majority of Mac owners don't pay any attention and don't bother. Some people do extensive calibration and pay attention to every % tick. Where you fall on that spectrum depends on you. I'm in the former group.

Xikum
Dec 1, 2011, 10:39 AM
Calibration doesn't improve your battery life/health, it just gives you a more accurate reading. For good readings, all batteries need to be calibrated.

You don't HAVE to do it, if you are only using your laptop a few hours a day then there really isn't much point. Personally I don't calibrate mine, because I don't use it for anywhere near enough everyday for it to every run out of battery.

ZipZap
Dec 1, 2011, 11:17 AM
Apple's position is a new battery does not need to be calibrated.

OCD seems to rule most here with regard to 100% displaying vs 99 or 98%.

johnhurley
Dec 1, 2011, 11:59 AM
Apple's position is a new battery does not need to be calibrated.

OCD seems to rule most here with regard to 100% displaying vs 99 or 98%.

There a lot of worrying around here ... don't see that changing!

firewood
Dec 1, 2011, 05:30 PM
If you don't care about the exact accuracy of your battery gauge, you don't need to run a calibration cycle. Many people don't care, as long as their MBA runs for a reasonable amount of time between charges.

I don't run LiIon battery calibration cycles once a month, as some suggest, because the maybe 1% change in battery capacity over that time is far too small for me to care about.

GGJstudios
Dec 1, 2011, 05:46 PM
Looking at the information in this link, I get the impression that the internal battery of the macbook air requires no calibration at all. Am I right?
The built-in batteries of the new Apple notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

altecXP
Dec 2, 2011, 11:38 PM
It needs Calibration, for 17min now I have had 0% battery lol