PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch syncing issue after upgrade to iOS5

NDP1979
Dec 1, 2011, 12:27 PM
I did not really know where to put this. I could not find the issue anywhere else on the forums.

Ever since I upgraded my iPod Touch 3rd generation to iOS5, the syncing take 100x longer. And that is not exaggerating. I add an album to the iTunes library. Then add it to the iPod. Whenever I do this, it syncs the entire iPod. It did not do this before. I used to be able to add music to my library, add it to the iPod and it was done. It would only take a few seconds to add the newly selected items. Now every time I add music to the iPod it sits and syncs the entire iPod library.

Is this normal? Is there a setting I can change to prevent it from doing this?

Thetonyk123
Dec 1, 2011, 01:43 PM
I did not really know where to put this. I could not find the issue anywhere else on the forums.

Ever since I upgraded my iPod Touch 3rd generation to iOS5, the syncing take 100x longer. And that is not exaggerating. I add an album to the iTunes library. Then add it to the iPod. Whenever I do this, it syncs the entire iPod. It did not do this before. I used to be able to add music to my library, add it to the iPod and it was done. It would only take a few seconds to add the newly selected items. Now every time I add music to the iPod it sits and syncs the entire iPod library.

Is this normal? Is there a setting I can change to prevent it from doing this?

Have you updated to itunes 10.5.1? Also sync for me does take a little longer, but not that much longer like you explained.

Also if your doing wifi sync it will take longer.

FBL
Dec 1, 2011, 10:11 PM
I lost ability to cut & paste with iPod 4g & iPad 1.

I go through the motions, the curser moves the desired places when pasting, but leaves only blank spacess.

Another oddity:
Both times accessing this forum tonight, I've noticed a tiny pointer moving slowly across my screen.

Thetonyk123
Dec 2, 2011, 06:36 AM
Another oddity:
Both times accessing this forum tonight, I've noticed a tiny pointer moving slowly across my screen.

My avatar maybe?

NDP1979
Dec 2, 2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, I have upgraded to 10.5.1. I do not use wifi sync. It is frustrating to go from a few seconds per album when syncing to having to walk away and give it time to go through 15GB of syncing.

Here is another thing about it. I put albums in my library, sync to iPod and then delete from my library. So, my library is empty all the time, aside from when adding new music. Therefore, what the heck is it syncing all 15GB with?? There is nothing to sync with except the latest albums I've put in there!