Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dba415

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
I tried using icloud.com to delete one event that I set to recurring but somehow even though I am pretty sure I said to delete just that one it deleted all of them. There is no way to undo which pisses me off, so now those events are lost and I don't have them backed up anywhere since ever since icloud became available I've only been changing things that are on the cloud.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Yeah, it sucks when you make a mistake.

While I get that it would be nice if everything had an undo function, sometimes it's just not practical or overly warranted.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
One reason I no longer am using iCloud, there is no easy way to do a restore from an iCloud backup so I found this function to be totally useless as well. I would rather back to my Mac, this way it backs up to TM and then I can create 1/4 erly backups to my external drive.

I know it defeats the purpose, but the only other way is to back up to iCloud, then change the settings, backup to your Mac or PC, then you will have a copy in both places. Defeats the purpose but hey at least you can get data back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.