Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

keynote_osx_icon.jpg

Apple today released Keynote 5.1.1 for OS X, a minor update improving handling of large documents under OS X Lion and bringing several other general improvements.
This update addresses issues when working with large Keynote presentations on OS X Lion. It also includes improvements in stability and accessibility for Keynote.

This update is recommended for users of Keynote 5.1.
As Apple details in a support document, users who installed Keynote as boxed software or a download from apple.com should update via Software Update or the direct download page. Users who purchased Keynote from the Mac App Store should update through that mechanism.

Article Link: Apple Releases Keynote 5.1.1 for OS X

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Where is iWork 2012... :confused::(

From what I heard, they had an iWork 2011 ready to be released alongside iLife '11, but Steve Jobs felt that it was too similar to iWork '09 to be justified as a paid upgrade.

I'm just looking forward to iWork with iCloud support. Whether they add it as an update to '09 or release a '12 means nothing to me.

rcappo

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
They need to abandon the year naming convention if they aren't going to release a new version each year. I didn't buy the iWork '09 just because I thought iWork '10 was going to be announced a week later. Then I waited for an iWork '11... It is getting annoying. Just call it iWork 5.11 or something.

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
Yeah, an iWork update is so overdue, especially now that we have iCloud but no support in the desktop apps. It it werent for the iOS apps I'd say Apple had given up on iWork.

twitter

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2007
They need to abandon the year naming convention if they aren't going to release a new version each year. I didn't buy the iWork '09 just because I thought iWork '10 was going to be announced a week later. Then I waited for an iWork '11... It is getting annoying. Just call it iWork 5.11 or something.

so true! why buy software from 09?? bring the new iWork! call it what ever you want but release the damn software!

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I don't know what Apple was thinking updating the iPad versions of various software with iCloud support but not getting that same support into the mac versions. Between this, iCloud issues, iTunes Match issues, iOS issues, seems like Apple bit off more than they could chew...and ended up releasing lots of stuff before it was ready because the alternative was delaying the iPhone hardware release.

dBeats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Since iWork's components are in the Mac App store, there is no iWork 'xx anymore. Just Keynote, Numbers, and Pages. Also, we should get free updates for life according to Mac App store theory, unless they make new Apps that are different names, and of course you bought the Mac App store versions and not the boxed version.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Since iWork's components are in the Mac App store, there is no iWork 'xx anymore. Just Keynote, Numbers, and Pages. Also, we should get free updates for life according to Mac App store theory, unless they make new Apps that are different names, and of course you bought the Mac App store versions and not the boxed version.

Wow, that got me thinking. Would be possible that the App store buyers would get a free upgrade and the boxed version buyers would have to pay? I personally dont think tht could happend, but still...

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC

They have.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 181

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
THANK GOODNESS!

Working witha 1920x1080 presentation and multiple high-res image files was starting to seriously chug in ways it didn't do before. And I have to give a report next week. Couldn't have come at a better time.

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Airplay?

I'd just be happy in the meantime if they'd add support for Keynote (iOS or Mac version) to be able to Airplay presentations to Apple TV with the presenter's notes showing up on the iPad or Mac screen. That would be such a killer feature for those of us without dedicated projectors and presentation spaces.

If that's coming in iWork '12 release it already and I'll pay :)

dfs

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
California
Word update

There’s something about Pages that annoys me: that it won’t do a simple and straightfoward Save as HTML, but only allows saves to Apple’s proprietary iWeb. That has always struck me as a cheesy Microsoft-like move. Now that iCloud is coming, so that Apple isn’t going to support iWeb any longer, there’s no excuse in the world for not giving us Save as HTML in the next iteration of Pages.

pamies

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2010
THANK GOODNESS!

Working witha 1920x1080 presentation and multiple high-res image files was starting to seriously chug in ways it didn't do before. And I have to give a report next week. Couldn't have come at a better time.

I'm with you. Been having HUGE problems since updating to Lion. A lot of my presentations are heavy in video (often 2-3 GB) and the simple act of saving would often stall the machine for a few minutes while it created a new version. I sent feedback a couple of months ago, so I'm really happy to see the problem has been addressed.

Here's hoping it's a good fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.