PDA

View Full Version : DVD burning?

thebignewt
Dec 2, 2011, 11:23 AM
I have movies in iTunes that I ripped using Handbrake. I tried to burn one to a DVD by inserting a blank, and dragging the movie over the blank icon. It looked like it was working, but after completion it said error, and doesn't play. What's the best way to do this?
I also have made a Places slideshow in iPhoto (with maps, music, photos). How can I burn that to disc? I have a book about Lion, but these aren't covered and I appreciate any suggestions. (I posted this in iMac but it's probably more suited here).

r0k
Dec 2, 2011, 01:05 PM
I have movies in iTunes that I ripped using Handbrake. I tried to burn one to a DVD by inserting a blank, and dragging the movie over the blank icon. It looked like it was working, but after completion it said error, and doesn't play. What's the best way to do this?
I also have made a Places slideshow in iPhoto (with maps, music, photos). How can I burn that to disc? I have a book about Lion, but these aren't covered and I appreciate any suggestions. (I posted this in iMac but it's probably more suited here).

If you copied the original video_ts and audio_ts folders, you might simply burn them to another DVD but by using handbrake, you created a movie file that requires conversion back to the format most dvd players support. I'm not sure which software could do this. I would check iMovie and iDVD (if you have them). I'm sure there is some freeware available to burn video files to dvd but simply copying the files to dvd doesn't make a dvd you can play back in a dvd player.

ECUpirate44
Dec 2, 2011, 01:07 PM
Toast is the best.