Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soco

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Remember when Apple had the same problem with the iPad? Yeah... me either.
via Engadget

Were you one of the eager beavers who pre-ordered ASUS' new superslate, the Transformer Prime, from Amazon? It turns out, demand for the tablet was so great that it's outstripped the retailer's supply, so Bezos' business is apparently canceling orders placed on or after November 22nd and issuing refunds. Sad news for those who had their hearts set on getting the Prime this holiday season, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise -- the delay gives you the opportunity to size up the competition before taking the quad-core plunge.

PS. Japan doesn't count. Earthquake, not supply issues.

PPS. Thread title is hilarious, shut up. :p

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
looks like Asus under estimated the demand for the Transformer Prime.

Sounds like it is going to really do better than they expected.

soco

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
looks like Asus under estimated the demand for the Transformer Prime.

Sounds like it is going to really do better than they expected.
True. My takeaway though, was that Asus isn't Apple. This shows that. And I think it's healthy to recognize when people have the phrase "iPad killer" on the tips of their tongues.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Very tempted to order one myself.

ucantgetridofme

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Must suck being an Apple slave and not being allowed to buy different products. That's what happens when you completely submit to a single corporation like Apple. They end up owning your heart and mind, you people are no longer able to make a logical decisions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.