PDA

View Full Version : copying music from another person's network

cyrix111
May 25, 2005, 12:31 PM
I just bought a Powerbook G4 (loving it, of course) and I was wondering if there was any way I could copy music from my friend's computer. We're both on wireless networks here at school, and when I go into iTunes, I see his music, but there's no way for me to copy it. Are there any programs out there that would allow me to get his music? Also, does anyone know of any programs to copy my music from my iPod to iTunes? Thanks!

Balin64
May 25, 2005, 01:09 PM
Please search the forums, and google these inquiries: I am sure there are ways. But please, don't blatantly ask us how to steal music, it's juust not cool. :rolleyes:

While I am a fairly tolerant member here, others are not. Please read the forum rules.

besler3035
May 25, 2005, 02:06 PM
I just bought a Powerbook G4 (loving it, of course) and I was wondering if there was any way I could copy music from my friend's computer. We're both on wireless networks here at school, and when I go into iTunes, I see his music, but there's no way for me to copy it. Are there any programs out there that would allow me to get his music? Also, does anyone know of any programs to copy my music from my iPod to iTunes? Thanks!

Search Google for a program called OurTunes.

cyrix111
May 25, 2005, 02:38 PM
I wasn't asking you how to steal music. My friend knows I'm viewing his songs and listening to them, so instead of burning a bunch of cds that I would throw out anyway, I figured copying them over would be easier.

joetronic
May 25, 2005, 02:50 PM
If your not buying the music, you are stealing it. Just because he knows your listening to it, and are copying it form his computer does not make it okay.

grapes911
May 25, 2005, 02:51 PM
I wasn't asking you how to steal music. My friend knows I'm viewing his songs and listening to them, so instead of burning a bunch of cds that I would throw out anyway, I figured copying them over would be easier.

You do know what stealing is?

camomac
May 25, 2005, 04:15 PM
not that i condone stealing music, but here (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15730) is the link to ourtunes.

yellow
May 25, 2005, 04:18 PM
http://www.radonc.duke.edu/~yellow/StealMusic.jpg

Peterkro
May 25, 2005, 04:20 PM
For the umteenth time its copyright infringement not theft.

yellow
May 25, 2005, 04:26 PM
LOL. You say lorry, I say truck. :D

grapes911
May 25, 2005, 04:29 PM

Its stealing money from the pocket of those who own the rights to the song.

And when have you told us this before?

James Philp
May 25, 2005, 04:31 PM
perhaps you could embellish this explination!? :confused:

bousozoku
May 25, 2005, 05:12 PM
Call it what you want, it's using what doesn't belong to you.

This kind of thing is not to be discussed here. Mind the rules, please.