PDA

View Full Version : X-Ray sleeve / case for Macbook

iWolfie
Dec 2, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hi, I'd like to know if you know a X-Ray case or sleeve for macbook air ( or others mac models too ) that's can have a view protection such as a obstruction view on x ray?

Just curious here!

I know have X-Ray friendly cases, but it's not my point show what is inside of case.

:confused:

palpatine
Dec 3, 2011, 08:06 AM
Hi, I'd like to know if you know a X-Ray case or sleeve for macbook air ( or others mac models too ) that's can have a view protection such as a obstruction view on x ray?

Just curious here!

I know have X-Ray friendly cases, but it's not my point show what is inside of case.

:confused:

i don't understand your question. if you want a sleeve or case that is x-ray friendly (for airport security), just avoid ones with zippers or any other parts that might interfere. the only time i have been asked to take my computer out of the sleeve is when i put it in there together with my ipad. here are some guidelines.
http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/simplifying_laptop_bag_procedures.shtm

if you are looking for cases that protect your computer against x-rays, then i think you'll want something metal. but, that would almost certainly result in them asking you to take it out of the metal case, and then you would have to send the computer through with no sleeve at all. their job is to look inside your computer with the x-rays, and you are facing a tough battle if you are trying to prevent them from doing that.

why would you care if they see inside your computer?