Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

limesoda11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Hi!

I have a MacBook Air with OSX Lion. I recently installed Windows 7 using Bootcamp. Unfortunately I soon realized that I needed more space on my Windows partition.
I read earlier in a thread in this forum about expanding my Windows partition by decreasing my mac partition in disc utility manager in osx and then from my windows partition in windows increasing that partition in disk managment using "extend volume". The "extend volume" was greyed out so I tried to format the allocated part, about 5GB. I never did anything to my mac partition, but something happened and they all turned into the same color in disk managment. When I rebooted the mac holding down the option key to choose startdisk only the Windows partition was avaliable. Anyone have a clue how to recover the lost partition or at least recover the files on it?

RossMacca

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
I know this is fairly old, but did you manage to recover your data? Similar thing has happened to me and I really dont want to lose everything...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.