Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdpardue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Sacramento, California
Well, I am looking for getting an ibook or powerbook for pretty cheap. I really don't need a full unit, parts to build one would be fine. I am looking to do a project now that school is out, and I want to recontruct a laptop unit without destroying mine. I am not looking for the fastest computer out there, but something resonable. No less then say 600 or 700 G3. Does anybody know of a place to get stuff for dirt cheap? Nothing to big either, say a 12in display...

thanks

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
pdpardue said:
Well, I am looking for getting an ibook or powerbook for pretty cheap. I really don't need a full unit, parts to build one would be fine. I am looking to do a project now that school is out, and I want to recontruct a laptop unit without destroying mine. I am not looking for the fastest computer out there, but something resonable. No less then say 600 or 700 G3. Does anybody know of a place to get stuff for dirt cheap? Nothing to big either, say a 12in display...

thanks

the parts would cost more than a new unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.