Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueblaze4444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
My school's IT asked me to make a student app, one of the items on the app is the daily schedule (there are 5 different schedules). I'd like to say I know what I'm doing, and in fact I have made an incredibly decent app, but I am also a bit of a newbie here.

One of the items on the app is a daily schedule (there are 5 total). I wasn't sure how to make this change from day to day. I would like to make it work something like: on day "x" textview.text = "schedule". How would I do this?

Help is very much appreciated :)

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
You need to give more information.

For starters, what does day "x" mean? Does it mean Monday through Friday? Does it mean day 21 of 30 within a month, or day 100 of 365?

Is the schedule associated with Monday through Friday, or are the 5 schedules personal to each student somehow?

blueblaze4444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Day "x" would be a specific day of the month/year. I'm sorry for not including that. Schedules are not specific to each student.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Like,

Code:
Switch (day)
{
case x:
break;
case y:
break;
default:
break;
}

...? Look into "switch case C" and the various NSDate classes...? IDK, I don't think you've been clear enough with what you need help with... So far it sounds more like you want us to write for you more than you want help...

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
A lot more explanation is needed. For anyone to help, they will have to understand the big picture and the details.

This is some of what I think your talking about. Each day the school has 5 schedules available. You want it so that your app user can choose 1 of the 5 for viewing in a text box. It also sounds like each day, there are 5 new schedules.

So, where are the schedules coming from? Do they have some naming convention to make them distinguishable from one another? Do they have some information that allows you to associate them with a date?

Given your sample assignment statement, it sounds like the schedule is a simple text block.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Have you had a look at Event Kit?

developer.apple.com/.../EventKitProgGuide

Which lets you access calendars on the device. That way your app could have a view that showed what ever day you like but the info would also be in the Users device if they wanted to look at it that way as well. You could handle syncing yourself or the have the device hook up to a hosted calender.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.