PDA

View Full Version : expose and desktop

bw1128
Dec 3, 2011, 05:56 PM
how can i use expose to view my desktop like in 10.5.8 again? i just recently upgraded to 10.7.2 and i hate hate hate the new expose and mission control and how they work this now with no indicator at the top of the screen as to what screen your on.

Steve's Barber
Dec 3, 2011, 06:11 PM
how can i use expose to view my desktop like in 10.5.8 again?

Almost 600 posts and you need to ask this? Dude, you're not a noob anymore. The forum is full of disgruntled Lion users who dislike the new Mission Control app that changed Spaces and Expose'.

We're all stuck with it. Can't be undone.

bw1128
Dec 3, 2011, 06:27 PM
Almost 600 posts and you need to ask this? Dude, you're not a noob anymore. The forum is full of disgruntled Lion users who dislike the new Mission Control app that changed Spaces and Expose'.

We're all stuck with it. Can't be undone.

my bad man. i never come to the mac iOS section. i just didn't know if there was a easy checkbox that would expose the desktop in expose.

wikus
Dec 3, 2011, 09:17 PM
Can't be undone.

Yes it can, and all that needs to happen is for Apple to pull its head out of the sand.

Or it could do like Microsoft does and not just listen to its customers, but also IMPLEMENT their requests. MS is working with developers on Windows 8 and restructuring Metro UI due to a lot of unhappy users. I don't see apple ever doing this.

Regardless, Mission Control is an absolute nightmare, its 90% of the reason why I won't upgrade.

laudern
Dec 4, 2011, 05:15 AM
mate you should have just bought SL instead...sucker move buying that lion garbage....

Dal123
Dec 4, 2011, 01:19 PM
I can't see the point of expose. Mission control seems the new and improved expose. Never was keen on expose though it seems I am the only one with this opinion :o.

WSR
Dec 4, 2011, 02:26 PM
I can't see the point of expose. Mission control seems the new and improved expose. Never was keen on expose though it seems I am the only one with this opinion :o.

SL's Expose allows me to see all of my windows in a space with a single click of a button without windows from the same app overlapping. Thus allowing me to move between windows easily.
Lion's Mission Control stacks windows from the same app making them hard to see.

You're not the only one with your opinion, but it seems that some of those that didn't use SL's Spaces/Expose like Lion's Mission Control. While those that used SL's Spaces/Expose hate Lion's Mission Control. I'm in the latter group.

At the moment, I don't see anything Mission Control can do that Spaces/Expose/Dashboard couldn't also do, and do it easier.