Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Hi all,

I'm currently looking to buy my first dslr. I've been using Groupon a lot for local restaurants and it's awesome. Is there maybe a similar daily deal site for photography instead? Like http://photowhoa.com except for cameras and lenses.

I've been looking for a long time at trying to find a good price for a camera. Any brand is okay, but anything I can save counts a lot. Thanks :)

fongyuen

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
i'm not the most knowledgeable about this but http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-News/Default.aspx often posts deals on camera equipment. on a different note, check out this post regarding the Canon Loyalty Program that allows you to turn in any broken canon camera (can be a simple point and shoot that you get on ebay for like $10) and get 20% off of the refurbished price of cameras they have in stock on canon's website. they will then send you an email with a free shipping label to mail in your broken camera.

i just put the order in for my 7D today (for $1087 before taxes, free shipping) in exchange for an old Powershot SD 550 that my kids busted up. :)

mac mac mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
Bellevue, WA
Have you looked at slickdeals.net? You can also subscribe to their deal alerts with your pre-defined keyword(s). If something posted a deal that matches your search criteria, it'll send you an email alert. It's pretty slick. Trust me, I've buying things that I don't actually need just because it's such a great deal :D

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
Keep your eyes open especially approaching christmas, some big box retailers will do anything to get people in their store. I managed to snag a canon t2i/550d with kit lens (also got a free bag) for 630$can. That said retailer still is cheaper than anywhere else and bumped their price back to 679 (it seems to be on a perpetual and varying sale).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.