Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

altecXP

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
I'm looking for a skin for my 13in Air, are there any that I should avoid? I'd prefer a clear one.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011
I just installed a Wrapsol on my 13 inch Air, a bit spendy but basically invisible once applied.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I just got the phantomskinz matte one. I like it. I've heard good things about wrapsol, but I've been told to avoid zagg.

J273

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
Wrapsol is so much better than the zagg.

Its just a shame shipping to the UK is so expensive:(

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I have used bestskinsever.com for years and have them on my 13" MBA and my wife's 11" MBA.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
Are BSE a matte or glossy finish?

Thanks

They are glossy. Not applied to the screen, but the outer lid, bottom, palmrests, trackpad, and edges. Gives a nicer grip when carrying too compared to the "naked" aluminum.

Strobe

macrumors member
May 28, 2009
I installed a wrapsol on mine. Love the matte finish that makes the MBA look natural still. My friends never even notice its on there and the feel isn't too different from the original aluminum except it isn't as cold which is a bonus imo. I also have a matte screen shield installed from power support. I've had several friends ask me how I was able to customize my MBA to come with a matte display instead of glossy. Little do they know :p. The install of both of these went flawless for me with no bubbles in the wrapsol or power supports matte screen protector.

Unfortunately I bumped my MBA literally the day after I installed the wrapsol and put the slightest nick in the corner where the wrapsol doesn't cover. Just my luck lol. It is nearly invisible though until you get within a few inches and are deliberately looking for it which I do as an observant person.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.