Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NotAdvisable

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Perth, Australia
G'day everyone!

Late last night, I received an email from Apple saying that a purchase went through on an unauthorized computer with my Apple ID.
Shocked, I quickly went into iTunes to see all my Store Credit (around $20AUD) had been spent and my credit card details where removed off my account.
The purchase comprised of a free non-English application, and then four in-app purchases totalling $18.96AUD.
Purchase History Image: http://i.imgur.com/EIubM.jpg

After changing my password every few months for years now, I am amazed that someone has gained access to my account.
Plus, not to mention I have no clue if they have access to my credit card details; they have been removed off the account.

I have emailed Apple, but I have no utter clue on what I can do.
If you have any infomation that can help me, please respond; im desperate.

Also, to moderators I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section; I truly don't know where to put it. Thank you.

Last edited:

NotAdvisable

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Perth, Australia
@miles01110 Yes I had a 'strong' password in the first place with a capital letter and also numbers. I have now changed my password to something even stronger.

@Macman45 I have used the Express Lane support with Apple, but seeing all the other people who have been in this situation it might be a few days.

Thanks guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.