PDA

View Full Version : Where to get widgets?

Dal123
Dec 4, 2011, 01:22 PM
So my new mac hasn't come with the apple widget website favourited; not easily obtainable anyway.

I remember on my old mac it was tricky to find apple's website where you could download the widgets.

Where is it? Even if we do still have widgets; can't imagine them doing away with widgets! :o

GGJstudios
Dec 4, 2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

Dal123
Dec 4, 2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks, am I being a dummy or were they really easy to find? I remember struggling with this for quite some time!

GGJstudios
Dec 4, 2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks, am I being a dummy or were they really easy to find?
It wasn't too terribly difficult:

Dal123
Dec 4, 2011, 01:42 PM
Lol thanks :p. I mean navigating through the apple site itself. It feels as if I'm cheating using google all the time :rolleyes:. I know I am turning into Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory lol lol :D.

GGJstudios
Dec 4, 2011, 01:47 PM
Lol thanks :p. I mean navigating through the apple site itself. It feels as if I'm cheating using google all the time :rolleyes:. I know I am turning into Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory lol lol :D.
How is it cheating? Technology is there for our benefit, to help us be more efficient and effective. Why not use it?

(And I have no idea who Sheldon or the big bang theory is, beyond the theory about the origins of the universe.)

Dal123
Dec 4, 2011, 01:52 PM
You're completely right in what you're saying, and it's me being weird here for sure :).
The thing is, I bought my beautiful new mac. And say I was a pc user switching from pc to mac (not a mac user for approximately 5 years) I would not know about widgets. I haven't really seen much about them.
IPhones on the other hand have lots on the widgets.

This is only my opinion. Are there any newbies on here that were not aware of widgets or is it just me being a strange one?:o

johnhurley
Dec 4, 2011, 04:40 PM
And say I was a pc user switching from pc to mac (not a mac user for approximately 5 years) I would not know about widgets.

It is all relative how much any computer user "knows" about desktop setup and configuration.

The windows operating system has had widgets for a while though. The weatherbug one is really common for example.

It is possible on mac os x to move widgets onto your desktop but not exactly easy. Not sure why it has been setup ( designed I guess ) to operate like that.

----------

It wasn't too terribly difficult:

Nice and diplomatic but still ... making me laugh!