PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV2 menu issues

macintoshmanic
Dec 4, 2011, 04:46 PM
I just noticed recently that after viewing a TV episode (ripped with handbrake) that I stream from my computer it will disappear from the Apple TV menu. When I go to my iTunes and the TV shows in question and reset the series as unwatched, it returns. Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the disappearance of shows from happening in the first place. I don't recall that happening with my (ripped) movies.

MBP, iMac, iPods, iPad, iPhone etc.....

slothrob
Dec 4, 2011, 04:56 PM
When you first enter the TV Shows menu on the aTV, do you have "Unwatched" selected? THat would explain that behavior.

macintoshmanic
Dec 4, 2011, 07:09 PM
Hey, thanks for the help. I checked what you suggested, and sure enough, I had the "Unwatched" selected. I changed that setting, and I'm assuming that will do it. Such and oversight. Sometimes one can't see the forest for the trees.:o

macintoshmanic
Nov 17, 2013, 11:44 AM
I haven't had any issues with ATV2 connection is some time. Just last night I watching a movie and decided to pause it to the point that the screen was going into sleep mode. At that point ATV was telling me to turn on sharing. After awhile, unable to resolve it from the ATV, I went to my iMac, which was the source of my issue. For some reason the wireless was dropping form my Airport Extreme Base Station. After turning it off and on again, all was fine. I just don't know why the drop occurred. This hasn't happened before that I'm aware of. Oh well, the gremlins are out there.