Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I have recently noticed that all of my subscribers are now available to watch on my Apple TV (Not sure why they weren't before).

This is brilliant, however I am a bit disappointed that there is no way to set it so it only shows videos I haven't watched, rather than all of them.

Is there a way to set it so it only shows vids I haven't watched?

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
no there isn't.

however, you'll find that with the new youtube website layout, there also isn't a way to hide (or even marked) watched videos.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
no there isn't.

however, you'll find that with the new youtube website layout, there also isn't a way to hide (or even marked) watched videos.

That really sucks. I don't think RSS feeds for subscription videos work anymore either, Youtube just gets worse and worse :(

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
No it doesn't. If you click on videos from that page they will not be there once you return to the page.

problem being, having never used that page, i would then need to go thru every video that i had already watched to make them disappear.

hardly a good user experience.

ThemacNub

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Australia
You can always just ignore the videos below the ones that you haven't seen before. Yes the user experience on youtube is bad but this is the best option there is

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.