Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I just have to splurt out that I've ordered myself my very first Mac (and it will be the first mac that I've ever used) :D.
Here are the specs;

iMac G5 20"
2.0GHz
1GB RAM
250GB HDD
Wireless mouse and keyboard
and
iPod photo 30GB

Total: $ 3,567.00 AUD

I bought it from the apple online store, it says "Estimated Build Time: 6-8 days", that doesnt include shipping does it?

I really cannot wait, I have saved for this thing for almost two years, many times changing what I actually wanted. Just before the REV B iMac's came out, I was aboutt order a PM Dual 2.0, I am now very happy I didnt spend the extra $1500 for it.

All I need now is a new desk and I shall be complete :cool: .

Thanks to all whom have helped me over the prior months to small questions that I have had :).

polyesterlester

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2002
Soldotna, Alaska
Congratulations! That's exciting - I know how you feel! I mean, I get excited when I find out my friends are getting macs (almost all of them are, now, it seems), let alone when I myself am getting a new one.

Welcome to our exciting little world ;)

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Congrats on the purchase of your new Mac. I made the switch in September of last year and it's been great.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Congrats mate, you won't be disappointed. And that is a sweet machine, you'll get many, many years out of it! (As an example, my friend has a 4+ year old PowerBook, 450 MHz, and it still runs everything he needs just fine - and when he upgraded to Panther a year ago, it actually made his system faster!)

So welcome to the family, and if you have any questions or need any advice or tips, just post them here on MacRumors and you'll quickly receive answers - there are loads of helpful members in our community here. :cool:

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
That is the exact new Mac I would order! I would also add these to complete the deal!

El Gato eyetv (link is for Australia version)
and
Harmon Kardon Sound Sticks

You are a lucky dawg, and smart to save up for it instead of using credit. That was really, really, good!

Panoctopi

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
wow,
you that's one tight machine, no doubt you'll be loving life when you get, until then, just remember, deep breaths!

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Devie said:
iMac G5 20"
2.0GHz
1GB RAM
250GB HDD
Wireless mouse and keyboard
and
iPod photo 30GB

Total: $ 3,567.00 AUD

Indeed a fine setup you got there. Congratulations on the purchase!

What will you be using it for? I see you got an iPod Photo, so I guess the uses include music and pictures ;)

swy32x

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2005
Congrats! My Rev B 17" came into Melbourne a week and a half ago.

I love it! I know you will too!

First iPod?

The 20" stock levels have built up, you shouldn't be waiting too long .. however, your order status won't change to shipped until it arrives in Australia - it will take less than 6-8 days to leave singapore, then 2-3 days to get to Sydney, then a day to get to you. Your order status will change to Shipping when it gets to Sydney.

Also, the order page is very slow, if your ETA hasn't been met and you want to know EXACTLY where your iMac is, give apple a ring on 133-622

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Sorry for late reply, I just got back from Sydney ;). Thanks all for all the compliments :D. Should be here within about... 1 1/2 - 2 weeks I would think, which are going to be the worst weeks of my life :p.

tech4all said:
What will you be using it for? I see you got an iPod Photo, so I guess the uses include music and pictures ;)

I'll be using it as my computer :p. School work, web development, flash, photoshop, maya and other 3D rendering/animation programms, music and mild gaming such as World of Warcraft, Warcraft III and UT2k4, and Guild Wars if it does end up having the conversion. Not many photo's, I got the iPod photo because its the best value and the lovely colour screen (my mate has the same model, I rathered it a lot to his older 20GB 4G).

stubeeef said:
That is the exact new Mac I would order! I would also add these to complete the deal!

El Gato eyetv (link is for Australia version)
and
Harmon Kardon Sound Sticks

You are a lucky dawg, and smart to save up for it instead of using credit. That was really, really, good!

Cool, that Eye TV thing looks great, though I dont have a big use for it [yet]. The only thing I would use it for is recording when I own or get owned on Halo2 on Live :p. BTW, is this the only thing I can actually use to record off my Xbox/Cube/PS2? Or can the mac do it on its own?

As for them speakers, na... about $250 over my budget for speakers :p. I have a lovely Denon surround sound system in my room (where the iMac will be going), so I'll just use that for my music ;).

Again, thanks for the nice responses :).

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Devie said:
Should be here within about... 1 1/2 - 2 weeks I would think, which are going to be the worst weeks of my life :p.
I think it's like giving birth, it hurts like hell, but once you have it, you'll forget all about that. The first one's the hardest ;)

Welcome to Mac!
enjoy

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
Rock On!! I switched in Feb. and am a little upset I didn't do it a few years ago. I love it (although it annoys my wife a little)! Have fun and congratulations.

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Bump.

About a week from now I am expecting it to arrive. Though, just about 1/2 hour ago, I just got a virus via MSN on one of our machines (win 2000, not the one in sig). Ah hahaha I just cracked up when I got it.

I got a msg from a friend asking if this was me with a link, within that link had my msn addy thing. I clicked on it not thinking at all as homework+surfing+being tired=not thinking (as I already knew of this virus so...) and it instantly d/l'd. Now I get the dam fun task of getting rid of it! :rolleyes:

Atleast this shall be the last time I have to ever do this :rolleyes: .

My iMac cant come soon enough! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.