PDA

View Full Version : MBA won't shut down...

xxRONNIExx
Dec 5, 2011, 04:48 PM
My MBA will not shutdown Ive tried everything and it won't shut off. Its been two days now.
I have a 1.6 GHz, 4GB, first Generation..Anyone else have this problem?

GGJstudios
Dec 5, 2011, 04:49 PM
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Nightarchaon
Dec 5, 2011, 05:04 PM
Take the battery out whilst disconnected from the power....oh wait, this is an apple product, you can't do that...i guess just leaving it to run out of juice is the only answer :p

GGJstudios
Dec 5, 2011, 05:08 PM
Take the battery out whilst disconnected from the power....oh wait, this is an apple product, you can't do that...i guess just leaving it to run out of juice is the only answer :p
In case a new user misses the sarcasm here, obviously letting it run out of juice is NOT the answer. Even with removable batteries, the power button is a better method.

xxRONNIExx
Dec 5, 2011, 05:29 PM
Yes its weird I can turn it off hold down the power button, but now going to the apple logo and click "Shut down" anymore, weird

----------

In case a new user misses the sarcasm here, obviously letting it run out of juice is NOT the answer. Even with removable batteries, the power button is a better method.

Thank you for your help :)

GGJstudios
Dec 5, 2011, 05:32 PM
Yes its weird I can turn it off hold down the power button, but now going to the apple logo and click "Shut down" anymore, weird
Sounds like you may have an app hanging. When you click "Shut down", does it do anything? Close any apps? If it does, but then hangs, launch Activity Monitor and change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes". Then look to see what process may be hanging. You may need to Force Quit an app before shutting down. Also, try closing all apps before trying to shut down, and see if you get different results.