Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krogers34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hi all,

I got the new macbook air on launch day and have had a wonderful time. Recently though it has started freezing randomly and I have no idea why. It will freeze completely for like 15 seconds and I can't do anything but wait or power down. Recently I have also noticed my macbook has been getting warming faster. I am not doing anything different and have had a flash-blocker on since day 1 so I am not sure what could be causing this. Anyone else have a similar problem with random freezing or notice it gets hotter faster? My 2008 white macbook never once froze in the 3 years I had it so this is a little worrying to me...Thanks for your help.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
No

Hi all,

I got the new macbook air on launch day and have had a wonderful time. Recently though it has started freezing randomly and I have no idea why. It will freeze completely for like 15 seconds and I can't do anything but wait or power down. Recently I have also noticed my macbook has been getting warming faster. I am not doing anything different and have had a flash-blocker on since day 1 so I am not sure what could be causing this. Anyone else have a similar problem with random freezing or notice it gets hotter faster? My 2008 white macbook never once froze in the 3 years I had it so this is a little worrying to me...Thanks for your help.

My MBA (August 2011) never freezes, and even though it's in a speck clear shell case it doesn't overheat either.

I would take it back and get Apple to check it out....You have cover and that's what it's for.

If you haven't tried this yet, it's worth a try before you go.

Run disk utility, and verify the disk

Then run check disk permissions

Then repair disk permissions.

If the problem persists, get it back to Apple.

matixryder

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
+1,
I had a great experience with Apple Care. My Isight failed after a month of use. I brought my MBA to Apple Store. The genius bar guy who assigned to fix my MBA tried to troubleshooting it for a few times and couldn't make the Isight work again. So, he gave me a brand new MBA with Samsung SSD and Samsung Display Panel. I am a happy customer :)

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

had this sort of issue on a macbook pro due to a hard drive going bad. your ssd might be faulty

castillo4141

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2011
Reset the SMC and perhaps the PRAM. That will probably do the trick, if that doesn't solve it, take it to the AppleStore for a check, it can be a hardware issue.

krogers34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I did what the first guy said and haven't had an issue yet. It wasn't a constant thing so I am not sure if it fixed my issue yet. If it happens again I'll try what the above guy said and if that doesn't do it I'll go to the Apple store. Thanks everyone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.