PDA

View Full Version : Is gaming on 2011 MBA healthy for the computer?

angad19
Dec 6, 2011, 11:00 PM
I have a new MBA with 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 4GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics 3000 w/ 384 mb.

When I run Starcraft II on it, the CPU heats up to ~95 C (205 F) and the fans hit ~6400 rpm. Is it alright for me to run the computer at that intensity for long periods of time (like 4-5 hours at a time)? Or will something break down because the computer is too stressed/overloaded?

This is probably a stupid question but I have to ask because I've never gamed on anything besides a console before and I don't want to do something that might hurt/break my computer.

Thanks for your help!

theSeb
Dec 7, 2011, 12:27 AM
I have a new MBA with 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 4GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics 3000 w/ 384 mb.

When I run Starcraft II on it, the CPU heats up to ~95 C (205 F) and the fans hit ~6400 rpm. Is it alright for me to run the computer at that intensity for long periods of time (like 4-5 hours at a time)? Or will something break down because the computer is too stressed/overloaded?

This is probably a stupid question but I have to ask because I've never gamed on anything besides a console before and I don't want to do something that might hurt/break my computer.

Thanks for your help!Yes, it's fine.

lc25
Dec 7, 2011, 02:35 AM
Got apple care ? If so, stop worrying, if not still no need to worry