PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air 11 - White dot on screen

Oreon
Dec 7, 2011, 06:47 AM
Hi,

I brought an 11' Macbook Air i5 2GB on ebay that is 3 months old and in great condition for 600, pretty pleased with it apart from I have noticed what I think is possibly a cluster of dead pixels in the form of quite a noticiable round dot in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, more noticable when there is a white background behind it. I have seen dead pixels on displays before (usually in the form of a little black dot that I can live with), but this is really very noticable.

I have left good feedback on ebay as the price was very resonable, he delivered it quickly and its in warranty with apple anyway etc, although I was wondering where I stand with the warranty with Apple.

Does the waranty automatically stay with the machine ?

Is it a case of booking an apointment at my nearest Apple Store and taking it in ?

Thanks in Advance,

jmjoh122
Dec 7, 2011, 06:51 AM
Yes, I would make an appointment ASAP and take it in and see what they say. I don't know if they are even dead pixels at all. It sounds to me like there may have been something that was closed in the laptop that caused that kind of pixel problem. In that case, I'm not sure if they would cover this since it may be caused by user error. But hey, it's worth a try. Hope that this helps.

Oreon
Dec 7, 2011, 06:52 AM
Yes, I would make an appointment ASAP and take it in and see what they say. I don't know if they are even dead pixels at all. It sounds to me like there may have been something that was closed in the laptop that caused that kind of pixel problem. In that case, I'm not sure if they would cover this since it may be caused by user error. But hey, it's worth a try. Hope that this helps.

Thanks fo your response, so the complimentary year warranty is automatically on the machine, not the owner ?

I registered it last nite under my name, but to check the status of the warranty I need the purchase date, that I have sent a message for.

wrinkster22
Dec 7, 2011, 07:26 AM
warranty is transferabke,