Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bmaintz

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Austin, Texas
I have been checking the refurbished for the Air but only see the older 2010 release so far...
Any idea when the 2011 (i5) release will start showing up??
Thanks,
Bob

crobbins

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2006
Colorado
I've seen them a few times..I would suggest checking once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I was after a base Mac Mini and found that to be the easiest way..

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
I have a friend who only buys Apple refurbs. They're great.

Having decided to get a current MBA, he knew they'd go fast. Finally he grabbed one last week. He said he was checking every couple of hours for three days before he was successful.

ansalmo

macrumors regular
May 23, 2005
They appeared in the UK refurb store in early Nov, though the ship time was 2-3 weeks at the time. Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago and I'm VERY pleased with it :D

Bob Coxner

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
10 days ago. Use Refurb.me to track availability of refurb models you want.

Ditto. refurb.me sends you an email when the model you want comes into stock. A warning, though, there are vultures that have programs checking the refurb store 24/7, refreshing every few seconds. Often a hot model will be sold out even before you get the refurb.me email.

michaelrp

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
Ditto. refurb.me sends you an email when the model you want comes into stock. A warning, though, there are vultures that have programs checking the refurb store 24/7, refreshing every few seconds. Often a hot model will be sold out even before you get the refurb.me email.
Yep. I guess I was one of those vultures yesterday. I had been waiting for base 13" 2011 MBAs to show up in the refurb store for several days. I randomly refreshed the page yesterday afternoon and there they were, so I grabbed one (at $1099, plus tax). The email from RefurbMe showed up about 15 minutes later.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Most Of The Very Few

That do come up are snapped up for obvious reasons. My guess would be that many of them will have had SSD issues....You are getting a brand new machine with a brand new SSD in it.

I couldn't wait, and bought mine in August. Over time, more will appear, It's a case of persistence and jumping quickly when they do show up.

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
I have a friend who only buys Apple refurbs..

heh, me too. with my past two MacBook Pro computers and my Mac Mini.

10 days ago. Use Refurb.me to track availability of refurb models you want.

Wow, it took that long for the new MacBook Air to start showing up in refurb store? When did they come out?

I want to grab one to replace my wife's 1.6Ghz MacBook air that she got in 2009 which has been horrible. Plan to in the next month or so. I heard the new ones were a lot better. I hope they aren't refreshed soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.