PDA

View Full Version : Printing from iPad 2 to Printer Not on Apple's Approved Airprint List

roux
Dec 7, 2011, 02:05 PM
Wanted to print from iPad 2 and I tried to set up airprint activator, but I could not get it to work. I have an HP LaserJet 1320 connected to an Airport Extreme A1354. Followed all the steps multiple times. Then I found that the 1320 does not appear on the list of printers that support Airprint. It does however, work on a demo of FingerPrint. Has anyone been able to get airprint activator to work on a printer not on Apple's approved list, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356?

SteinMaster
Dec 8, 2011, 08:22 AM
I am using AirPrint Activator on a Canon MX 870 printer. The printer is not an AirPrint printer. I have the printer connected to my wireless network and not to my Airport Express/Extreme. I have to leave my MacBook Pro on when I print from the iPad and iPhone. It works well. Make sure your computer which has AirPrint Activator is on (and not sleeping).

kiddk1
Dec 8, 2011, 06:15 PM
My hp p1006 is not on the list and worked fine up until the ios 5 upgrade, now it is not recognized

Ashwood11
Dec 8, 2011, 08:28 PM
Apple doesn't have a list of "approved" AirPrint printers. They do list printers which offer AirPrint functionally. Suggest you contact the manufactures and ask why they don't offer printers that support AirPrint.

AlaskaMoose
Dec 10, 2011, 01:14 PM
After trying some of the apps for printing, it was so much of a hassle that I decided to buy a new printer. A few posters in this forum recommended the HP P1102w laser printer (around $95.00 at Amazon), which I purchased locally for a little over $100.00.

Anyway, the HP software and instructions for Mac sucks, but luckily I read the reviews for this printer at Amazon where one of the reviewers posted step-by-step instructions :)

roux
Dec 17, 2011, 01:48 AM
I installed the latest version of AirPrint activator and it works great. Set my iMac to wake for network access. I can now print from iPhone 3GS and iPad 2 on my HP Laserjet 1320.

Cripps
Dec 17, 2011, 04:53 PM
Another happy AirPrint Activator user here.

kiddk1
Dec 17, 2011, 05:07 PM
I am using a pc no solution yet

Ashwood11
Dec 17, 2011, 05:30 PM
Lots of folks bought HP D110 All-In-One AirPrint printers for about $69. No extra programs to run. No extra computers to leave running. They connect directly directly by WiFi with your iDevice. The only thing that needs plugging in is the power cord on the printer. Then you can print, scan and copy and the cost of the included ink is half the cost of the printer. I've got three printers total but the only one I use is the AirPrint model.

rrandyy
Dec 17, 2011, 05:59 PM
and the cost of the included ink is half the cost of the printer.

You realize this is a bad thing, right? It doesn't mean you got a good deal on the printer, it means the ink is expensive. Personally, I will only buy laser printers in the foreseeable future.