PDA

View Full Version : Xcode4 .exe

farmerdoug
Dec 7, 2011, 07:52 PM
Where is; How do I get a .exe file from Xcode?

blueroom
Dec 7, 2011, 07:54 PM
.exe is not an iOS or OSX file extension. It's Windows or DOS and Xcode does't do Windows (or DOS)

jiminaus
Dec 7, 2011, 07:55 PM

You can't if mean a Windows .exe. XCode does have the libraries and linker to produce Windows executables.

SatyMahajan
Dec 7, 2011, 08:00 PM

If you're asking where you can find the executable you generate in Xcode, it's under the Products folder, you should see a file with a .app extension. Right-Click (or Control-click) and select Show in Finder. That's the equivalent to the .exe file in Windows/DOS

foidulus
Dec 7, 2011, 10:56 PM
If you're asking where you can find the executable you generate in Xcode, it's under the Products folder, you should see a file with a .app extension. Right-Click (or Control-click) and select Show in Finder. That's the equivalent to the .exe file in Windows/DOS

Depends on the type of project, you might just see a binary file. If it is an app that you are building, the actual executable will be in (your app).app/Contents/MacOS/(your app)

The actual executable for an app isn't really interesting(for certain apps you can use it to launch multiple copies of the same app), but thats where it is.

farmerdoug
Dec 8, 2011, 06:31 AM
I am looking for the executables that Xcode3 produced that runs on the command line in X11. I can't find a products folder or anything call codename.app.

wrldwzrd89
Dec 8, 2011, 06:34 AM
I am looking for the executables that Xcode3 produced that runs on the command line in X11
Ah, right. Those don't have any extension and are found here: {project folder}/Build/{release mode}/ and will have the same name as their associated Xcode target.

farmerdoug
Dec 8, 2011, 08:09 AM
So I googled Xcode app like I should have. My app is here.

/Users/doug/library/developer/Xcode/Deriveddata/opttree-dpzydjbljrzlqybcoxsfwukflasm/build/products/release

Give me break.

Also found out how to put it someplace reasonable.

thanks

jared_kipe
Dec 8, 2011, 10:20 AM
I haven't used Xcode for anything but superficial things for a year or so and had no idea they changed the build path location. I assume that is to make it friendlier to the built in version control.