PDA

View Full Version : NO! POWERBOOK HD DEAD!

StarbucksSam
May 26, 2005, 09:15 PM
I am SO upset. My PowerBook hard drive FRIED itself. I'm not sure how. They are going to send me a box for it but like.. NO. I mean I have this stuff backed up but I'm going to be without my Powerbook for a week or two. NO.

GAH. And now I'm trying to make an account on my mom's computer and nothing is showing up when I do it.

BKKloppenborg
May 26, 2005, 09:18 PM
I am SO upset. My PowerBook hard drive FRIED itself. I'm not sure how. They are going to send me a box for it but like.. NO. I mean I have this stuff backed up but I'm going to be without my Powerbook for a week or two. NO.

GAH. And now I'm trying to make an account on my mom's computer and nothing is showing up when I do it.

damn that sucks man sorry to hear it... Man it better not happen to me when i get my powerbook tommarow lol or else i will be pissed! Hopefully when i get it it will work great... But ya i know what you mean a week without a computer really really sucks good luck!

StarbucksSam
May 26, 2005, 09:42 PM
How long will the box take to get to Pennsylvania from where it is coming from... then the whole process?

superbovine
May 26, 2005, 09:51 PM

you could send you powerbook to a hard drive recovery place. they could probably recovery it, but it will cost a lot of money.

StarbucksSam
May 26, 2005, 10:03 PM
you could send you powerbook to a hard drive recovery place. they could probably recovery it, but it will cost a lot of money.

Anything important is backed up. But I want my PowerBook picked up and returned ASAP.

superbovine
May 26, 2005, 10:13 PM
Anything important is backed up. But I want my PowerBook picked up and returned ASAP.

oh, i see. You do it yourself.

http://www.pbfixit.com/Guide/

tekno_geek911
May 26, 2005, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your PowerBook...Dont worry Apple will fix it and you'll have it back in no time,they are usually pretty quick. My iBook G3's Logic Board failed and I had it back in less than a week.

iSwift
May 26, 2005, 11:52 PM
well.........just to let everyone know.....

i love my 15'' powerbook. yeah...we're kind of dating.