Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lioli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I recently got my iPod Touch via warranty replaced by a brand new one!!
The firmware installed is 4.3.5...
As an untethered jailbreak for this firmware hasn't been released yet (or even never will be) I tried to downgrade to 4.3.3 although I haven't got any SHSH blobs saved. Following an instruction that I THOUGHT to be "trustworthy" on here:
http://www.limera1n.cc/2011/08/downgrade-435-to-433-without-shsh-blobs.html

I jailbroke the iPod Touch 4.3.5 with redsn0w_win_0.9.8b5 (software used to jailbreak iOS 5 beta).
In the jailbreak software I browsed for firmware 4.3.3... -.-

See all the contradictions?

Ever since I cannot restore my iPod Touch. I keep getting error 1600!! or error 21. I can't even restore to the newest firmware. Putting my device into DFU is no good either.
And I even can't reset my iPod on the device itself through SETTINGS.
The awaited loading bar doesn't appear and I saw was an apple with a loading circle...even after 7 hours trying to erase all data the screen wouldn't change.

And neither can I open Safari. It simply crashes!!

I even tried to put my device into pwned DFU mode with iREB but I only get the ordinary DFU mode.

My warranty is still valid valid...but I can't claim it as long they see the CYDIA icon.

Now did I brick it because I tried to jailbroke ios 4.3.5 with a software for ios5 and on top on it browsed for 4.3.3?

To all of you: Never ever try to downgrade without shsh blobs! BIG MISTAKE! Big one...

Please help!!!!!!!

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Canada
Want it fixed?

DFU mode, ctrl + click restore to iOS 4.3.5 (considering that you saved blobs for that particular OS).

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
Just put it in DFU mode and "Restore and Update" to iOS 5.0.1. I am sure that an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 and below will becoming soon. [Perhaps late December 2011 or early 2012]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.