PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S VS Galaxy SII

C3S624
Dec 9, 2011, 07:22 AM
I want to buy a new phone, cannot decide which one is better, iphone 4s and Galaxy SII, someone can give suggestions??:confused:

Fubar1977
Dec 9, 2011, 07:25 AM
Try them both, there are literally dozens of comparison reviews for these 2 phones.
A quick google should find plenty, Ive read several already. (got the 4S :cool:)

SerrQ
Dec 9, 2011, 10:20 AM
You're asking this on an apple forum?.. Ofc most of us say iPhone!
I personally prefer iOS over android.

Leonard1818
Dec 9, 2011, 10:30 AM
I won't get into details cause last time I did I was almost killed but based on my experience with Samsung and the Galaxy S (orig.) I won't be getting another Samsung phone for quite some time.

Do yourself a favor and get the iPhone.

kevinof
Dec 9, 2011, 10:40 AM
Ok you've asked the question on an Iphone forum. Now go and ask the same question on a Samsung GSII forum and compare the results!

I want to buy a new phone, cannot decide which one is better, iphone 4s and Galaxy SII, someone can give suggestions??:confused:

wrinkster22
Dec 9, 2011, 10:45 AM
this is an apple forum
everyone is going to tell you the best phone- the iPhone :o
Display:
iPhone-sharper
GS2-Larger
Battery
iphone
apps
debatable (iphone)
UI
iOS (debatable)

THis is all pretty subjective

M Quick
Dec 9, 2011, 10:45 AM
Get whatever you like best yourself.

But if i'd choose for you, of course the iPhone, but it's better if you choose the phone you feel is the best, that one will be the best phone for You, no matter what we or "they" say.

I'm sure that on the samsung forum everyone will say get the samsung and nothing like "get what you like best yourself" :)

A friend of mine has a SGSII and he's OK with it, but he tells me he's annoyed that it doesn't work good when it's cold outside from 5C celsius and down, which isn't that cold. He says the touch isn't working like it should, either he has a bad phone or that's just the way it is with the samsung "tech".
If that is the case, i would never get one of those, how hard it would be a winter time answering calls outside, lol..

Jordan921
Dec 9, 2011, 10:55 AM
Is it that hard to make the decision on your own? Why do you need the opinions of complete strangers?

chakraj
Dec 9, 2011, 11:55 AM
I went and looked at the GS2 in ATT yesterday and the screen was way to blue. I dint think I would notice it but it was really blue not just a little.

Vegastouch
Dec 9, 2011, 12:01 PM
Again with this! Which one is "better" depends on your needs and wants.

baller1308
Dec 9, 2011, 12:05 PM
I would at least consider the Galaxy Nexus even though it might not even be released in the US this year with all the delays. It also depends if you want to stick with a certain carrier since we don't know who you currently are using.

matttye
Dec 9, 2011, 12:08 PM
Galaxy s2 has an (almost) unmatched screen. That's it's main selling point. :)

Source: I have one.

Dmunjal
Dec 9, 2011, 12:29 PM
If you're leaning to the GS2 and you have unlimited data, look at the GS2 Skyrocket with LTE. AT&T just turned on LTE in NYC, LA, and SF this week. Blindlingly fast! Sub 100ms pings and 15-30 Mbps downloads make it feel just like WiFi.

Mr.C
Dec 9, 2011, 01:15 PM
I find it really bizarre that people would ask such a question dedicated to one of the two brands. In fact it amuses me every time someone does.

x986
Dec 9, 2011, 01:24 PM
If you're leaning to the GS2 and you have unlimited data, look at the GS2 Skyrocket with LTE. AT&T just turned on LTE in NYC, LA, and SF this week. Blindlingly fast! Sub 100ms pings and 15-30 Mbps downloads make it feel just like WiFi.

Are you sure about SF? This is the first I have heard. I'm in the North Bay where Verizon has LTE, but so far AT&T doesn't. Obviously The City gets it first, then Silly Valley prob. next.

Back to the topic. I am test driving a Skyrocket now. I like the phone a lot. I have been using 35-40% of the battery each day with probably what most people would consider light duty. Andy's OS is not intuitive after two iPhones. The market is not a really safe place to wander around; you can't just download things & know they'll be safe like using iTunes.

anshuman26
Dec 9, 2011, 02:00 PM
i have used both the iPhone 4S and samsung galaxy s2

my personal opinion:
-sg2 has a better screen
-iphone has a better user interface
-sg2 (or rather android) is king of customization...if you really want to customize, go for android....
-sg2 daytime camera shots are better...iphone's night time shots are better...

naths
Dec 9, 2011, 02:08 PM
depends on your choice...each one is great in their own way,SGS2,extremely light and thin,very durable,great screen and android customisation,iPhone 4S,heavier,brick like design,still looks great though,not very durable,great OS and easy to use....if you need a phone that just works but is very locked down,go for the iPhone,if you want a bigger screen,customisation,but a lot more hard work to set up and running just as you want go for the Samsung,although i'd wait for the SGS3,then there is no choice....

TM WAZZA
Dec 9, 2011, 02:17 PM
Wait for the Galaxy S3... It should only be 2 months away.

Leonard1818
Dec 9, 2011, 02:19 PM

lol yes!

Acorn
Dec 9, 2011, 02:20 PM
ive been pondering the same kind of issue. The moto razer vs the iphone. razer now has android ice cream sandwich. plus has a way bigger screen and 4g. the razor also appeals to me because of how indestructible it is. The issue is im afraid i will regret not getting the iphone and not be able to change because i used my upgrade option. im going to wait until after christmas anyway so hopefully be sorted out by then. good luck with your choice.

Leonard1818
Dec 9, 2011, 02:40 PM
ive been pondering the same kind of issue. The moto razer vs the iphone. razer now has android ice cream sandwich. plus has a way bigger screen and 4g. the razor also appeals to me because of how indestructible it is. The issue is im afraid i will regret not getting the iphone and not be able to change because i used my upgrade option. im going to wait until after christmas anyway so hopefully be sorted out by then. good luck with your choice.

After christmas? By then the Razr will be obsolete!!!

Dmunjal
Dec 9, 2011, 04:32 PM
Are you sure about SF? This is the first I have heard. I'm in the North Bay where Verizon has LTE, but so far AT&T doesn't. Obviously The City gets it first, then Silly Valley prob. next.

Back to the topic. I am test driving a Skyrocket now. I like the phone a lot. I have been using 35-40% of the battery each day with probably what most people would consider light duty. Andy's OS is not intuitive after two iPhones. The market is not a really safe place to wander around; you can't just download things & know they'll be safe like using iTunes.

Here's what I got on my SkyRocket in my car driving up the 680 near Fremont today.

C3S624
Dec 9, 2011, 09:39 PM
i have used both the iPhone 4S and samsung galaxy s2

my personal opinion:
-sg2 has a better screen
-iphone has a better user interface
-sg2 (or rather android) is king of customization...if you really want to customize, go for android....
Thanks for your experience!!:)

----------

Really?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

GeniusJon
Dec 9, 2011, 09:46 PM
Why wait for the Galaxy S3? Wait for the Galaxy S4, its only 4 months away! ;)

ElCidRo
Dec 9, 2011, 09:51 PM

Its all pretty debatable - except this.

iPhone 4S takes better photos during the night AND DAY! The SG2 shots are way oversaturated and the camera is about 4 times slower.

Mixtinybox
Dec 9, 2011, 09:58 PM
Some ones like Android, and some like iOS, so it depends on your needs. but I feel that the texture of iPhone is better than Galaxy SII...

thenerdal
Dec 9, 2011, 10:01 PM

If you’re willing to accept a different OS, the Galaxy S2 can be a much better phone for the money.

Here's a comparison:
bphZoV8VrLc

vitzr
Dec 9, 2011, 10:06 PM
I have them both, and enjoy them equally. They each have pros & cons that offset each other.

But even before the first iPhone & Android phone, I've maintained multiple lines and used two or more phones concurrently. Bringing in many different unlocked models from Hong Kong, the UK & other parts of the world.

While my first preference in computers has always been Mac, I also use PC's. I thrive off variety and being open to all platforms.

If Apple built an iPhone with a 4.3" display which is the exact size required to provide a true widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, I'd promote one to my primary phone for most of my usage. Having used that size for well over a year on the different new Android models I've had, I find it perfect for me.

But I may be among a smaller group that use all the features a true smart phone offers. I'm so mobile the larger (than an iPhone) display works great for the web work I do. The tiny 3.5" of my iP4S, not so much.

The iPhone is so refined and integrates so well with my own Mac Eco System, I'd sure like to see Apple offer the features I could put to good use.

In the last year the Android Apps have progressed a lot. Now on many occasions Android versions of Apps are released before their iPhone equivalents.

Overall you can't go wrong with either, or Android wouldn't be as popular as they are.

I suggest you evaluate each platform very closely and take what you read with careful consideration.. Forums are filled with passionate users of each and may not fairly represent the facts. As always it's buyer beware.

Good Luck :)

jgalan14
Dec 9, 2011, 10:07 PM
I think iPhone users are not as bad as android users (is just a hate geeky thing for a OS)

Anyways for this reasons alone I choose that iPhone , better ecosystem specially if you use iTunes , iPad. No phones every month or every other phone that is the best(for a bit or at leas marketing makes you think like that), more refined apps even tho android apps are getting better ( I used android For almost 2 years ) , of you don't mind a closed system to apple wish, and timely updates ( I own 6 android phones and only one /nexus s / what's up to date all the time ) , galaxy s the came out last year I believe only one or two were updated to gingerbread as of today, and those updates could be something small like the UI or some crazy ones as privacy crap. I definitely think the galaxy s 2 is a great device but I wouldn't hope to get updated for a while 3 months maybe if there lucky, and is Samsung fault for making so many devices and they don't prioritize. I bought maybe 20-30$ worth of apps in the android marketplace but I have over 100$ spent in the app store so I went with the iPhone , also some games that come out for iPhone come out for android devices but they arent supported (not all of them at once) like the GTA 3 is coming next week the galaxy s 2 is an amazing device and it doesn't supported 0_o I still got my nexus s for work (no updated to ICS) and my iPhone 4S so I could have both, there is some great things about android but so they are for iPhone , if you try it you can always return it and go back to iPhone if you decided to , that's the better recommendation I could give you