Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inwerp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Hello.

I've got vertical stripe in the middle of my screen. It is inverted flickering stripe with a slight image shifting inside and thin blank line on the right. looks like it reacts to lid bending and tapping on the back of the lid. sometimes it becomes more or less affectable and disappears only via sleep-wake cycle (ctrl-shift-esc).

i googled it a lot, and did not find any interesting information - most of users paid for lcd replacement. the thing is - nobody can really know if they was just tricked by repair service coz they could just replace LVDS cable and take your money for full lcd replacement or something like that.
did anyone solved this problem with his own hands ? i don't believe that non-constant mechanically-active issue needs lcd replacement.

the strangest thing is - i turned on disassembled notebook(i detached screen and removed hinge cover, i do not want to remove glass until i'll be sure that this is necessary) to see if cable tapping affects this stripe - and it's not. nothing changed after re-assembly, same symptoms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.