Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CardboardGiant

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Now everything I do on my Macbook Air, a voice will repeat everything I do and it's SO ANNOYING! How do I turn it off?

*Edit*

I found it. Please lock/delete this topic. Thanks!

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Now everything I do on my Macbook Air, a voice will repeat everything I do and it's SO ANNOYING! How do I turn it off?
If you have VoiceOver activated, go to System Preferences > Universal Access to turn it off. If you have Speakable Items on, go to the Speech tab in System Preferences to turn it off. You didn't give the cat your admin password, did you? :D

CardboardGiant

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
If you have VoiceOver activated, go to System Preferences > Universal Access to turn it off. If you have Speakable Items on, go to the Speech tab in System Preferences to turn it off. You didn't give the cat your admin password, did you? :D

LOL. The icon of my admin is a Cat in a Cardboard Box... I got out of the showers and saw my cat sitting on my MBA. When I got him off.. the next thing I know, my MBA wouldn't shut up.

Thanks for the helpful response gentlemen.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009

*Edit*

I found it. Please lock/delete this topic. Thanks!

#1 reason why dogs are better than cats, they don't jump on "stuff"

Epic Xbox Revie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Washington, D.C.
But....but.....but...?

Attachments

• notforsits.jpeg
    notforsits.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 168
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.