PDA

View Full Version : Best place to "buy/try"

vampireszombies
Dec 9, 2011, 09:45 PM
Hi.

Im very much in the middle between a MBP & MBA and I'm looking for a place where I can buy one of these (probably the MBA) and if doesnt fit my needs etc. I can easily exchange it for a MBP no questions asked.

So I'm looking for a place that usually has the best price and the best no questions exchange policy and preferably tax free but if not its alright. Usually from people who had experience with exchanges.

Thanks in advance.;)

BadaBing!!
Dec 9, 2011, 10:02 PM
Apple Store. 14 days refund policy. All in display so you can try them.

vitzr
Dec 9, 2011, 11:19 PM
Best Buy is a fine place to try them. Unless you have an Apple store nearby.

If you do go to best buy, I'd suggest you avoid buying from them. I buy mine via Apples online store. It's fast, easy, and insures you have a great experience with the best customer service.

You can also rely on Apple to give you accurate information. They'll also take your order over the phone if you prefer.

OldMike
Dec 9, 2011, 11:37 PM
I think if your needs fit right where either a MBA or MBP makes sense, it is going to be a very tough decision. In the end you can't go wrong with either, but regardless of which one you choose, you will always be wondering if you should have gone with the other machine - they are both that good!

I enjoy my MBP, but I am always trying to figure out an excuse for picking up a MBA as well. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is the 4GB memory limit, but that is not a concern for everyone.

I also agree with visiting/purchasing directly from a local Apple store if at all possible.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy shopping.

vampireszombies
Dec 10, 2011, 09:59 AM
I think if your needs fit right where either a MBA or MBP makes sense, it is going to be a very tough decision. In the end you can't go wrong with either, but regardless of which one you choose, you will always be wondering if you should have gone with the other machine - they are both that good!

I enjoy my MBP, but I am always trying to figure out an excuse for picking up a MBA as well. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is the 4GB memory limit, but that is not a concern for everyone.

I also agree with visiting/purchasing directly from a local Apple store if at all possible.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy shopping.

Thank you all for your responses.
Yes the only thing that always holds me back from a MBA is its limits while the MBP is cheaper and doesnt have many limits.
But the MBA looks so damn good :p I dont have a nearby Apple Store so I guess bestbuy or Amazon for me.

dickdaney
Dec 10, 2011, 10:04 AM
Had to make the same call as you a month ago. I chose the mbp, because I knew I wasn't going to be hauling the thing around all day, and my current iTunes library is at 67gb and counting. If you don't need the hd space and you want to carry it with all the time, go with the air.

bruinsrme
Dec 10, 2011, 10:10 AM
Best Buy is a fine place to try them. Unless you have an Apple store nearby.

If you do go to best buy, I'd suggest you avoid buying from them. I buy mine via Apples online store. It's fast, easy, and insures you have a great experience with the best customer service.

You can also rely on Apple to give you accurate information. They'll also take your order over the phone if you prefer.

why is that? Does best buy sell different apple products than apple stores?
I bought 3 Macs from bb, they were 12% cheaper than the apple on the mini and iMac and 18% cheaper on the 13 MBP. To boot 18 months 0%, and roughly $50 in reward zone certificates.
Best buy will price match.
You can still walk into an apple store for the classes or warranty issues.

/V\acpower
Dec 10, 2011, 10:44 AM
True, even if he buys from Best Buys, he can go see Apple customer service anytime.

Vudoo
Dec 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
If you're a Best Buy Silver Reward member, you have 45 days for returns.

mj1108
Dec 10, 2011, 12:40 PM
I'd say either the Apple Store or Best Buy.

brown.eyed.girl
Dec 12, 2011, 01:41 AM
Just to let you know, if you buy the computer from the Apple store before Dec. 25, you have until Jan. 9 (rather than the usual 14 days) to return it due to the holiday season. I wasn't sure whether the 11" MBA was going to be too small and the extended return policy was what swayed me into getting it now to try it out.

Akack
Dec 12, 2011, 11:28 AM
BBY or Apple store, but not all BBY carry Apple computers.

jdechko
Dec 12, 2011, 01:35 PM
Had to make the same call as you a month ago. I chose the mbp, because I knew I wasn't going to be hauling the thing around all day, and my current iTunes library is at 67gb and counting. If you don't need the hd space and you want to carry it with all the time, go with the air.

To some extent, that's a moot point anymore. If you can use iTunes match, it's a great option.

convergent
Dec 12, 2011, 01:44 PM
I'd go with the Apple Store if you think you may want to return it.