PDA

View Full Version : AppleTv cannot see my MBP but MBP can see my AppleTV

brainwave89
Dec 10, 2011, 12:23 AM
After installing and updating a brand new AppleTV 2 my iTunes MBP can communicate with my AppleTV but AppleTV does not see my MBP w/ Lion 10.7.2. While in iTunes I can choose AppleTV and play a song that is in iTunes within AppleTV. When I highlight Computers on the main menu my laptop is not displayed.

I have turned on Home Sharing on and off a few times both on my laptop and AppleTV. I have disabled the Firewall within System Preferences.

What may be causing iTunes on my laptop to see the AppleTV but AppleTV not seeing my laptop?

Thank you for looking.

Macman45
Dec 10, 2011, 12:28 AM
After installing and updating a brand new AppleTV 2 my iTunes MBP can communicate with my AppleTV but AppleTV does not see my MBP w/ Lion 10.7.2. While in iTunes I can choose AppleTV and play a song that is in iTunes within AppleTV. When I highlight Computers on the main menu my laptop is not displayed.

I have turned on Home Sharing on and off a few times both on my laptop and AppleTV. I have disabled the Firewall within System Preferences.

What may be causing iTunes on my laptop to see the AppleTV but AppleTV not seeing my laptop?

Thank you for looking.

Enabled home sharing in iTunes as well, then I'd say you have a faulty connection, or a faulty ATV

brainwave89
Dec 10, 2011, 12:30 AM
Thank you Macman45.

I have enabled and disabled Home Sharing via iTunes on my MBP a few times. I have to agree that AppleTV may be bad.

Macman45
Dec 10, 2011, 12:48 AM
Thank you Macman45.

I have enabled and disabled Home Sharing via iTunes on my MBP a few times. I have to agree that AppleTV may be bad.

Make sure you have Airplay enabled on the ATV it's in the settings menu.