Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
Just wondering what you all recommend. I'm looking for the following:
- Black carbon fiber
- Back only with Apple logo cutout (so I can see the logo on the phone itself)
- Fits with SGP Neo Hybrid 2 (or should I get a different bumper to go with it?)

j**

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
lucky labs got you covered with what you need.

----------

carbon-back_1_2.jpg

Samz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
All three brands have what I need (in terms of carbon fiber with a cutout) - my question is which is of the best quality and will work best with the SGP case. Sorry if I was unclear.

vtclan

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
All three brands have what I need (in terms of carbon fiber with a cutout) - my question is which is of the best quality and will work best with the SGP case. Sorry if I was unclear.

I cant speak for the other 2 but I have a luckylabs carbon fiber skin and it fits fine with a bumper case on.

Samz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I cant speak for the other 2 but I have a luckylabs carbon fiber skin and it fits fine with a bumper case on.

Does it feel like carbon fiber? Or is it more like an ordinary sticker?

vtclan

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Does it feel like carbon fiber? Or is it more like an ordinary sticker?

It definitely has texture to it. When i bought mine i thought it would be a lot thicker but its only as thick as two pieces of printer paper stacked on top of each other. Its still good, however, and i would definitely recommend it.

pdxa4

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Just wondering what you all recommend. I'm looking for the following:
- Black carbon fiber
- Back only with Apple logo cutout (so I can see the logo on the phone itself)
- Fits with SGP Neo Hybrid 2 (or should I get a different bumper to go with it?)

I can vouch for Lucky Labs, they have a good product and best of all great customer support if needed...

yang88she

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
ATL
My brother has a lucky labs and looks great on his black 4s and I use an icarbon for my white 4s. Honestly there really is no difference in quaility

Samz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
So with one of these, would the SGP Neo Hybrid II be my best bet? I want to preserve the silver antenna look, so I'd get the silver colour. Any other bumpers that you'd recommend (that don't impede signal)?

andyriot

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
No, incorrect.

eBay search for 3M Di Noc ... $1.95 shipped.

With precision cut Apple logo, Camera & Flash? I think not!

----------

So with one of these, would the SGP Neo Hybrid II be my best bet? I want to preserve the silver antenna look, so I'd get the silver colour. Any other bumpers that you'd recommend (that don't impede signal)?

It all depends how much you want to spend. I didn't think the SGP bumpers were worth $30 (or the Apple ones) so I got an off-brand bumper from Amazon which also comes in multi colors like SGP.

Here is my Lucky Labs Black Carbon back w/ White Carbon Logo insert and my knock-off Amazon White/Black bumper. Fits perfect.

iphone.jpg

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
Second package already. I've already worn out the LL wraps. They look great but durability is not that good. Specially when it gets all torn and worn out just by switching from different cases. From Metal to Snap cases. The Snap cases are the ones that really tear into the wraps. At least the wraps are cheap enough to keep replacing.

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
I have the full body icarbons on my 4s and love it. It has a texture feel to it and was really easy to install.

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
Lucky Labs quality on their Teksure line is pretty good. I've got the CF in black and a brushed aluminum backing/wrap waiting to go on at some point.

Everyone keeps talking about how great their customer service is, but when they had their Black Friday sale, I ordered some iPhone skins and a MBA skin top/bottom/hinge and they sent the wrong ones for the MBA. No biggie, so i contact them and they ship out the correct ones, less the hinge piece (2). I contacted them on Saturday about it, had to follow up Tuesday Evening to get a response that they're sending out the 2 hinge pieces. I would have thought a replacement order would get the once over, but apparently not. Maybe this is just an isolated case of subpar Customer Service. I didn't have any issues with the iPhone skins and have purchased a pack of spectra wraps in the past, which were also good.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Jonny boy, you really need to fix yours. The front looks very bad, and is not lined up. Doesn't look like it's very good quality.

sticker boy. net has the best skins. Cheapest too.

vtclan

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Jonny boy, you really need to fix yours. The front looks very bad, and is not lined up. Doesn't look like it's very good quality.

sticker boy. net has the best skins. Cheapest too.

They do have pretty competitive prices for their back and front skins but their side wraps are a bit on the expensive side. 10 bucks for 2 identical side wraps is a lot compared to luckylabs' 3 for 10. Not to mention their shipping is a bit on the high side charging $6 to ship to texas. sticker boy does have a wider selection to choose from though.

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Here are pics of the icarbons full body skin installed over a powersupport antiglare.

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    665.7 KB · Views: 108
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    750.6 KB · Views: 170
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    626.9 KB · Views: 106
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    694.7 KB · Views: 105
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    676.3 KB · Views: 145
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.