PDA

View Full Version : Screen Protectors to fit inbetween my front skins

AndrewR23
Dec 10, 2011, 09:36 PM
Anyone know where I can find these?

I have skins on the front, so of course the SP will have to fix in the box. Can't find any anywhere?

Been SP less for over a week.

I tried cutting my SP but that failed lol

TM WAZZA
Dec 10, 2011, 10:06 PM
Why not put the skins over the screen protector?

Or you could buy a universal screen protector and cut it.

vtclan
Dec 10, 2011, 10:17 PM
What Wazza said. Just remove the skin, put the protector on and then reapply the skin.

pdxa4
Dec 10, 2011, 11:44 PM
Why not put the skins over the screen protector?

2nd that...

AndrewR23
Dec 10, 2011, 11:54 PM
2nd that...

Because Im using expensive 3M skins, and applying them over the SP was extremely hard.

Plus I already have them installed and it would be a pain to remove them. Im using stainless steel 3M brushed skins.

HKUSP.40
Dec 11, 2011, 12:14 AM
Because Im using expensive 3M skins, and applying them over the SP was extremely hard.

Plus I already have them installed and it would be a pain to remove them. Im using stainless steel 3M brushed skins.

You're not going to find one. Do as others have said or cut one down to size yourself.

vtclan
Dec 11, 2011, 12:23 AM

3M skins are meant to be reusable and can be taken off with a toothpick to the edge. I dont see how putting them over a screen shield is any different than putting it over a naked phone that you began with.

AndrewR23
Dec 11, 2011, 12:54 AM
3M skins are meant to be reusable and can be taken off with a toothpick to the edge. I dont see how putting them over a screen shield is any different than putting it over a naked phone that you began with.

Thats the thing, you won't know unless you try it or see it.

Its extremely difficult lining everything up over a screen protector.

pdxa4
Dec 11, 2011, 05:58 PM

For what you want you will have to bite the bullet and pay for another 3M skin if you cannot get the current one off without damage...

Clearly precision cutting a screen protector to fit into your existing skin would be extremely hard...

It is much simpler to try to gently remove the existing 3M skin, apply a complete screen protector, and then apply the 3M skin over the screen protector.

I've done this with my trunket front pieces over the PS crystal film and it worked out fine...