Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonnyAlpha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Hi;

I bought an iPad2 a couple of months ago and found out that it qualified for a free upgrade to iCloud which has just been setup. Sort of happened automatically when I was prompted to carry out an IOS update using iTunes.

Anyway to make use of iCloud surely I need it on my other devices, I have a iMac and a Macbook Pro both running OS X 10.5.8. My wife has my old iPhone 3G (Not sure what IOS version). I also have a HTPC running Windows 7.

Anyway to at least use iCloud between a couple of the devices (which is the point isn't it?) how do I upgrade to start with my Macbook and iMac. In my limited understanding these are both OS X LEOPARD.

Questions:

1. Can I upgrade direct from LEOPARD to LION or do I have to upgrade to SNOW LEOPARD first?
2. I have a slow internet connection so is SNOW LEOPARD and or LION available on DVD?
3. Is there a goog guide on how to use iCloud?

Thanks

MonsterRain

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Hi;

I bought an iPad2 a couple of months ago and found out that it qualified for a free upgrade to iCloud which has just been setup. Sort of happened automatically when I was prompted to carry out an IOS update using iTunes.

Anyway to make use of iCloud surely I need it on my other devices, I have a iMac and a Macbook Pro both running OS X 10.5.8. My wife has my old iPhone 3G (Not sure what IOS version). I also have a HTPC running Windows 7.

Anyway to at least use iCloud between a couple of the devices (which is the point isn't it?) how do I upgrade to start with my Macbook and iMac. In my limited understanding these are both OS X LEOPARD.

Questions:

1. Can I upgrade direct from LEOPARD to LION or do I have to upgrade to SNOW LEOPARD first?
2. I have a slow internet connection so is SNOW LEOPARD and or LION available on DVD?
3. Is there a goog guide on how to use iCloud?

Thanks

1. According to Apple, no you can't. Maybe you can, as I've heard others claim to be able to jump from Tiger or whatever 10.3 was (I know they're different..) to Snow Leopard.
2. For information on the first, as well as how to buy Lion if you have slow internets, go to http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD256Z/A?
3. Not that I've seen. But it's extremely simple to use from what I've done with it.

Are you thinking of using it more for documents/email, or music?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.