PDA

View Full Version : My 2010 MBA

cedwhatev
Dec 11, 2011, 03:52 PM
I've had this thing for about 6 weeks now... and haven't really put the battery to its limits. I was on a long flight today, and managed to squeeze over four hours of video playback with my MBA. I watched two movies, both around two hours long, and when they both finished, I had around 10% battery left. This, of course, was with WiFi and Bluetooth off, and the brightness down to three bars. Has anyone else had results like this? I was under the impression that the MBA batteries would die from like 2.5 hours of video - tops.

Nonetheless, I am quite impressed... :eek:

TheJing
Dec 11, 2011, 04:02 PM
That seems about right. Wifi takes a lot of battery so when it's off your battery will last much longer.

GGJstudios
Dec 11, 2011, 04:04 PM
Having your screen brightness turned down helps a lot, as well. Read the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for more tips. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

cedwhatev
Dec 11, 2011, 06:42 PM
OK cool... yeah, I knew WiFi took up alot, but wow... it takes up ALOT. lol

calvol
Dec 12, 2011, 04:18 PM
The 2010 13 MBA has amazing battery life... mine gets over 18+ hours sometimes (see status bar in this pic)...

GGJstudios
Dec 12, 2011, 04:19 PM
The 2010 13 MBA has amazing battery life... mine gets over 18+ hours sometimes (see status bar in this pic)...
No, you don't get 18 hours unless it's in sleep mode or turned off. The displayed number is an ever-changing estimate. Try running it until shut-off to get a real indication of battery life. :rolleyes: