Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
I need a Pentalobe screwdriver to open the MBA, but I cannot find one locally and really do not want to order one. Just wondering if anyone got their's locally and where/what to look for? Or, a good online link to something that works (a lot I've found are skeptical reviews).

Last edited:

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
This is the one that I purchased. I am not a huge "tool guy," so I don't know if it is the best option out there, but it seems to work just fine.

Edit: Just double checked, and the 12511FIXIT Coupon code still works for $5 off.

Last edited:

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
It is, even with the $5 off it still expensive when you add shipping. I couldn't find one locally either though. I tried Microcenter and Radio Shack and neither had one, at least not near me. So I went ahead and ordered it. I figured better safe than sorry. I would hate to order a cheap one and have one of those screws strip. Oh well :)

ezramoore

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2006
Washington State
You're not going to find a pentalobe screwdriver locally. Unless you are local to a mac repair center.

Also $5 - $15 is a VERY reasonable price. Apple charges their AASPs more than $30 (plus shipping) for the MBA pentalobe screwdriver.

It is a lot nicer, but the lesson here is that good tools cost money.

You don't want to strip those little screws.

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
Well I ordered the one from iFixit. Hopefully it'll be here before the end of the week.

SDColorado, thanks for the coupon code. I appreciate it.

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
I'm in the UK and ordered one from ebay for about £5, usually very cheap on there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.