Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

namanhams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
I have some code like this :
Code:
After every time interval INTERVAL :
- Create a socket, set its callback method, and send PING message to this socket.

Actually my code is the modified version of SimplePing (http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#samplecode/SimplePing/Introduction/Intro.html

The weird thing is :
- If INTERVAL is big number (Eg, 0.5s), then everything works fine. The callback is called for every packet that is sent.
- If INTERVAl is small (Eg, 0.02s), then the callback is always called for the first 50 packets. Callback is not called for all later packets.

I'm not sure but i think there's something special about this number "50". I've run this app many times and it's always the same.

namanhams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You can download the source code here. Currently, in main.c, the timer is fired every 1 second. Just change it to 0.2 second. You will see that : from the 49th ping, all pings are sent but there's no reply from server.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
you said, you can download the source code, but i don't see anything neither ^_-
and people mostly don't just random download code, maybe try find more specific code, and post that here under [ code] tags please =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.