Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeithDaTheif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I am trying to connect my
MacBook Pro 13" (Mid-2009)(2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)
to my
BenQ E2200HD Full HD monitor with 1920x1080 (native) resolution
via miniDisplayPort-to-VGA adapter and VGA-VGA cable.

The 1920x1080 resolution works perfectly fine on Mac Snow Leoparp with Mirroring turned OFF and/or in Clamshell mode.

HOWEVER, when I switch to my Boot Camp Windows 7, it can only works under 1280x800 resolution (which is my MBP's monitor's native resolution).
If I choose to only display on my external monitor, I can select 1280x800 resolution up to 1920x1080 (which supposedly is the external monitor's native resolution), BUT it works well for 10 seconds or so, and then the screen turns grey/green and flickers rapidly.

I have to unplug the adapter and replug it in order to see the screen again, which it goes grey and starts flickering rapidly once again. The same problem repeats.

I have tried to update using Apple Software Update in Boot Camp and I have tried to update my graphic card (NVIDIA 9400M GPU which came with my MBP) and tried to select 1920x1080 resolution from the nvidia control panel, but the same problem still persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.