PDA

View Full Version : OMG OMG PLZ HELP!!! Powerbook Issue!!!

BKKloppenborg
May 27, 2005, 10:11 PM
Well i was happy to get Powerbook today... I turned it on pluged it in outlet and it worked for a while until ONE it randonly started to reboot and ask me if i wanted to shut it down i said no but still did it anyways... TWO i tried to Plug ipod in and it was working for a while then next thing i know is it shut down and will not turn on anymore... :(

OMG i love this computer i got it TODAY 5/27 what is happening??!?! Bad hard drive maybye? I made sure it was charged all the way YES, then i took battery out and held down powerbutton for 5 sec like it says to do in Support manual... Then thats all i did it still won't work.... DAMN i am deprssed..

Any one know what is happening?

CanadaRAM
May 27, 2005, 10:18 PM
Call Applecare, not us.

PlaceofDis
May 27, 2005, 10:25 PM
Call Applecare, not us.

yep if its brand spanking new get them to fix it for you

superbovine
May 27, 2005, 10:42 PM
Well i was happy to get Powerbook today... I turned it on pluged it in outlet and it worked for a while until ONE it randonly started to reboot and ask me if i wanted to shut it down i said no but still did it anyways... TWO i tried to Plug ipod in and it was working for a while then next thing i know is it shut down and will not turn on anymore... :(

OMG i love this computer i got it TODAY 5/27 what is happening??!?! Bad hard drive maybye? I made sure it was charged all the way YES, then i took battery out and held down powerbutton for 5 sec like it says to do in Support manual... Then thats all i did it still won't work.... DAMN i am deprssed..

you keep saying Oh My God, you'd think it would have heard you by now and fixed it already.

Duff-Man
May 27, 2005, 10:44 PM
Duff-Man says...it probably isn't the hard drive, but perhaps the RAM or some other hardware component that has gone wonky....as the others have said, since you just got it, take it back and they should look after you. They can't teat every component of every computer that goes out the door and unfortunately there are a few incidents where a faulty unit gets out the door...oh yeah!

CanadaRAM
May 27, 2005, 11:09 PM
They can't teat every component of every computer that goes out the door..

.... the mind boggles.... :p

applemacdude
May 27, 2005, 11:10 PM
get it replaced
not fixed

Mechcozmo
May 27, 2005, 11:39 PM
you keep saying Oh My God, you'd think it would have heard you by now and fixed it already.

That about sums up my professional analysis too. :rolleyes:

BKKloppenborg
May 27, 2005, 11:51 PM
That about sums up my professional analysis too. :rolleyes:

i am taking it in tommarow to a Apple store they said they were going to replace it.... So thats good but still damnit i was going to play games to nigh and everything... O well....

tdhurst
May 28, 2005, 12:25 AM
i am taking it in tommarow to a Apple store they said they were going to replace it.... So thats good but still damnit i was going to play games to nigh and everything... O well....

Sorry to tell you this....but you, my friend, are a massive dweeb.

BKKloppenborg
May 28, 2005, 01:00 AM

wtf you are a idiot..... I asked a question and you had to make a smart ass remake next time BEFORE you replay say somthing more productive Dumbass

mfacey
May 28, 2005, 01:12 AM

That was a little uncalled for. If you think a thread is a waste of time just don't read it and move on. Its very un-macrumors-like to give comments like that. Please keep your insults to yourself, the guy was just disappointed!

Mechcozmo
May 28, 2005, 04:20 AM

Yup, it sucks. Apple Store will fix it up in no time though. They may just hand you a new one and fix your old one... look for it on the refurbished page ;)

Diatribe
May 28, 2005, 04:31 AM

wtf you are a idiot..... I asked a question and you had to make a smart ass remake next time BEFORE you replay say somthing more productive Dumbass

Both uncalled for comments. appleretailguy you should know better, considering your post count.
As to BKKloppenborg, we don't use this kinda language here, anything you might be used to from other forums, lose it(even in response to any comment about you) or look for another forum.

Abstract
May 28, 2005, 05:59 AM
Hehe, this is the harshest thread I've ever read towards a newbie question. :p

Anyway, like Duffman said, I think its a RAM problem as well, but try this as well. First, when your computer is on, insert the Tiger disk (or whichever disk contains Mac OS 10.4.0/10.4.1 on it) that came with your computer. Then restart your computer.

Then it'll ask you whether you want to reinstall Tiger or not. Just press "yes" and allow until you get to the screen where it shows a picture of a harddrive. It should be labelled "MACINTOSH HD". Don't click next or allow or anything. Instead, click "OPTIONS" or "INSTALL OPTIONS" or whatever it is called. Then do an "Archive and Install," and tell us how it goes.

I had trouble with 10.4.1 as well. My computer wouldn't boot up, so it may be buggy. Around 3 other people at the Apple Discussion board have had the same problem as me.

invaLPsion
May 28, 2005, 08:50 AM

I'll agree with this comment, just in a little lighter terms. ;)

I'd certainly be disappointed if gettting my WoW fix was interrupted by a computer problem. :D

Diatribe
May 28, 2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry to hear that, though, but things like this happen. Unfortunately. I hope you have better luck with your next machine and enjoy it.

BKKloppenborg
May 28, 2005, 09:42 AM
Hehe, this is the harshest thread I've ever read towards a newbie question. :p

Anyway, like Duffman said, I think its a RAM problem as well, but try this as well. First, when your computer is on, insert the Tiger disk (or whichever disk contains Mac OS 10.4.0/10.4.1 on it) that came with your computer. Then restart your computer.

Then it'll ask you whether you want to reinstall Tiger or not. Just press "yes" and allow until you get to the screen where it shows a picture of a harddrive. It should be labelled "MACINTOSH HD". Don't click next or allow or anything. Instead, click "OPTIONS" or "INSTALL OPTIONS" or whatever it is called. Then do an "Archive and Install," and tell us how it goes.

I had trouble with 10.4.1 as well. My computer wouldn't boot up, so it may be buggy. Around 3 other people at the Apple Discussion board have had the same problem as me.

i would love to turn it on but it won't turn on at all lol... so can't do anything pretty much...

Abstract
May 28, 2005, 11:08 AM
Oh, my bad, I interpreted it as your Powerbook gives you an error message at the start-up screen. :o

Yep, phone Apple.

BKKloppenborg
May 28, 2005, 03:05 PM
Oh, my bad, I interpreted it as your Powerbook gives you an error message at the start-up screen. :o

Yep, phone Apple.

Went to store today and they were reallly nice and gave me a BRAND new one.. So far so good...

goodtimes5
May 28, 2005, 03:23 PM

I'm sorry, but I have to mention this. Next time, please spell check your comments. Moreover, please organize your thoughts into complete sentences. It's easier on all of us, and you won't get condescending remarks from others.