Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scorpiouno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2009
We are trying to use local notifications in a new app we are working on. I need to know if we can use local notifications for alerts so that the user gets alerts when a scheduled one time event happens in the app. For example, if there is a holiday, the user needs to be notified about it. Can we use a custom calendar of custom events for this without merging this custom calendar into the iPhone's main calendar?

About using push notifications instead of local notifications, is it true that Apple does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered at the expected time every time?

This is our first app. Any assistance in helping us go with local/push notifications is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
We are trying to use local notifications in a new app we are working on. I need to know if we can use local notifications for alerts so that the user gets alerts when a scheduled one time event happens in the app. For example, if there is a holiday, the user needs to be notified about it. Can we use a custom calendar of custom events for this without merging this custom calendar into the iPhone's main calendar?

About using push notifications instead of local notifications, is it true that Apple does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered at the expected time every time?

This is our first app. Any assistance in helping us go with local/push notifications is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Apple has it's own developer forums for a reason. Y U NO use it?

scorpiouno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Because I'm not a member. We hired contractors & they don't seem to know much about doing this.

scorpiouno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2009
You hired the wrong developer. Locate someone with iOS experience.

Yes. We realized that. But we are in the final stages and need to close this. No point in a fresh start. This is the only missing piece. Can anyone please help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.