Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm might be interested in buying a mobile phone later, and may consider a Nokia, but I don't know much about them, so I decided to go to their website and have a look at their models.

Here's the problem: Is their model naming system completely random!!? Like the Nokia 7600 and 7610 are completely different models, and yet logically, you'd think that one is the progression of the other (ie: the 7610 is similar, but improved version of the a 7600), but in Nokia's case, it isn't.

Same with the 7200, 7250, 7260, 7270, and 7280. Is there any link between phones in the 72xx series (other than that the 7250s look normal, but the rest look odd :p )?

There's a few other examples of seemingly random naming systems, but I'm sure there's got to be a way to figure this all out, because they have a lot of phones, and I don't think I'm going to go through all of the phones to find the one I want. Don't get me wrong. I am willing to put in the effort, but if the model numbering makes logical sense, then it will be much easier to me, and I'd be more willing to buy a Nokia.

Its just seems so much easier to understand that when I buy a new Sony Ericsson K750 instead of a K700, the K750 is similar to the K700, but improved. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.