Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desenso

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2005
Hello all,

Mac newb here. 2 years ago I bought a 23" ACD for my PC, using a converter. I'm planning on buying a powermac G5 (dual 2.7), and will, of course, connect the 23" to it. My question is this - the buttons on the older 23" models aren't really buttons, they are touch-sensitive. Obviously these buttons have no effect on a PC. When connected to a Mac, is the use of these buttons transmitted through the USB cable, or through the regular display cable from the ACD?

Basically I'm trying to determine if I'd be able to setup a KVM for my Mac/PC with the one screen, while still being able to use the touch sensitive ACD buttons on the Mac.

Sorry if this isn't 100% clear, it's sort of difficult to describe. I went to an Apple store to ask, but they didn't have an answer for me.

Thanks

thrillz3

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2004
When I disconnect my USB cable from my PB, the buttons on the 17" studio display still work.

Edit: Actually, the Power Button works, but the other one doesn't. Only when I plug in the USB cable does the display button work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.